1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Announcements: Impact Baseball, Moderators, Conferences & other things

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by eatthis, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

2. Original

Original Full Access Member

So sad. My heart goes out to his family, may God bless them in the loss of their precious family member. To loose your child is unimaginable and I pray that they will be comforted during this very....very....sad time.

3. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

very sad news but my ? is why did he not had any test to see if had some heart porblame just to make shore when you talking about stroke are you tlaking about heat stroke or about stroke
    :( :( :(

4. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Tragedies like this always touches the hearts and minds of all of us that are close to athletic competition of any kind.

My sincere condolences to his family, his teammates, and his friends.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2003
  5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Strokes usually strike without warning, particularly in young athletes. A stress test, or any other type of physical examination that would routinely be done on an athlete would not have revealed anything. It is related to increasing blood pressure cause by the physical exertion. A blood vessel in the brain simply bursts under the pressure. It's not related to his heart.

Heat strokes is caused by dehydration and loss of salt from the body during physical exertion. The body looses the ability to regulate internal core temperature. As a result, different body organs just begin to shutdown, leading to catastrophic results. You normally associate heatstroke with outdoors exertion. The water in a pool would normally carry away the excess heat that the body would be producing without the catastropic results.

But there are no absolutes in anything. A weakness in a vessel in the brain MAY have been detectable under a CAT scan, but it MAY NOT have been detectable. According to some studies, approximately five percent of the population harbors brain aneurysms -- or bubbles in blood vessels supplying the brain.

6. Up and In

Up and In Full Access Member

Braves and everyone else,
    It is a very sad time for Myers Park right now. The Mustangs really appreciate all of you guys' thoughts and prayers.

7. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

I think if his blood pressure was very high for is age maybe he couid have stop the stroke with a blood test to see why is his blood pressure was high :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2003
  8. NCBBallFan

Hopewell Scores

Merged thread.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2003
  9. hopewell15

hopewell15 Junior Member

To East Meck Players

This is Andrew Cruse from Hopewell. I speak for our team when I say that yall are very classy and good ballplayers and it pissed us off to learn how some off the fans at our game the other night went onto your bus and did that to it. We wanted to apologize for that and let you know that in no way did we want that to happen and we are just as mad as you are. Yall are probably the classiest team (if thats a word) we will play all year. I wanted to tell you that, it was bush league and it in no way reflects the ideals of our program. Sorry bout that fellas, good luck. Keep rippin T. White and M. Hill. Later.

10. NCBBallFan

To East Meck Players

It took a LOT OF GUTS to sign on to a board, Identify yourself by name and apologise for an action you did not commit. THAT's a team leader.

Andrew ... nice touch.

But I hope they find that fan !!!!
    :chair: