1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Announcements: Impact Baseball, Moderators, Conferences & other things

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by eatthis, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

TBR had a thread about Dale Eanhardt's untimely death. It lasted over 20 pages. If you can imagine the emotions that were typed by our members that day....they were raw!!

So as a group, when we face a death of a family member of this board, we feel it as a family and feel the sorrow they are going through. We have a symbol now for TBR that expresses our condolences by honoring a man we lost in sorrow. That symbol is "3". It stands for every emotion people expressed in the thread on Dale Earnhardt

A new member may have thought that we were being disrespectful with this, but in earnest, it was meant the complete opposite.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2003
  2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Happy birthday!!

:bdaysmile Happy birthday. Braves is sending the cake and candles......

I'll call the fire department for you :flipgrin:

3. SouthPawDad

SouthPawDad Full Access Member

I didn't think it was disrespectful, I just couldn't figure out what it meant! Thanks for the clarification.

And yes, a tragedy like this is felt on the board and in the community at large. If you can figure out a way to send a "group hug" from the baseball posters, I'd be all for it. I'd pitch in on a flower, or some like expression, to be sent to the family.

4. Original

Original Full Access Member

You guys! Love ya! Mean it!:1luvu: :1luvu: :tongue3: :aok:

AND ...being in the good spirit that I am tonight I WILL overlook the disparaging comments by 2 BONIFIED AARP members as it is years before the AARP starts sending me literature!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2003
  5. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, original. I wish you many,many more to come.

OBTW, I didn't edit your post. My eyes are so old I can't see well enough to tell which button to click on.:cool:

6. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Happy Birthday Original :cheers:

You don't look a day over 39. Don't let these old men get to you -- they just wish they looked so young.

:aorangeha

7. Original

Original Full Access Member

THank you for the good wishes rcbbfan and DodgerBlues!:1luvu: :mushy: :xyzthumbs

DodgerBlues...I was always taught to respect my elders so I have let this childhood lesson serve me well when dealing with my friends Braves and NCBBall!
    :D

8. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

I had already spoken to you a couple of times yesterday Original but again I say, Happy Birthday!!!

Sorry you could not get out and party last night! Those parental duties just get in the way some time! Hope to see you on Friday night!

9. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

Bad news about a local sports legend....

Tony Cloninger, local sports legend (played on only NC Little League championship team, played for Cherryville High School, pitched for Milwaukee Braves, Atlanta Braves ----- only pitcher to hit two grand slams in one game!, Cincinnati Reds, bullpens coach for World Champion Yankees, Current pitching coach for Red Sox) has been diagnosed with bladder cancer.

Here's the Boston Globe link:Cloninger news hits hard