1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Any new schools opening?

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Panthers23, May 28, 2007.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Exactly! As long as they actually live in the Asheville City limits they can choose the City Schools, and if they choose the County School System they can't just pick a school, they have to go to the school whose district they live in.

2. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Ok ,before I post some names let me get this straight. Your telling me that no athelete has played for Reynolds that lived in another COUNTY school district. And please clarify is Reynolds in the City district or the County school system??:juggle:

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Tony, I can't answer your first question but I can say that Reynolds is in the Buncombe County school system while Asheville High is in the Asheville City School system.

4. tonync55

Thanks BigDan for clearing that up for me. As you know I use to work in Asheville and my work took me to many plants and businesses across the County. I know A lot of athletes that lived in other parts of Buncombe county and Asheville that played sports at Reynolds during the 90's.

5. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Yes, part of ACR is in the City District, just like Erwin, Enka, and TCR districts because there are parts of all those districts located within the ASHEVILLE CITY LIMITS! However if you live in the City you have a choice to go to County or City schools!

6. tonync55

Thanks for making that clear reynoldsrocks23,I had been told different by some in Buncombe County.

7. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

I know what you are implying and yes it is not too terribly difficult to live in another district in the county and go to another county school out of district. There is a simple form that has to be completed. Or, better yet, many people have family members that live in the preferred district and those folks "move" in with them. One could get a PO Box but they have to put their physical address, thats not a problem either they could use someone they know, make one up, etc. it's not like anyone is actually going to verify, there isn't an address police. Unless it is an athlete and someone makes a "big" stink about it but if they have their "ducks" in a row, again, no problem. It happens everywhere there are multiple high schools in a county, city, whatever, not just here.