1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Any thoughts about the Imeck conference

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by LKNfan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. LKNfan

LKNfan Junior Member

Any predictions or players to watch in the I-Meck conference

2. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Lake Norman is still in it aren't they?
    LKN #1 or, at worst, #2.
    Coach Little will always," get the job done."

3. Baseballdad12

Baseballdad12 Junior Member

LKN will be tough, as always. I think Mooresville will be tough too. After that, will be interesting. Hough has talent if they can gell as a team. Mallard Creek should be in the mix again too.
    As for players, Ryder Ryan @North is ranked #5 in 2014 class by Perfect Game. Kirk Morgan @ MC is a fantastic player-class of 2013 and an ECU commit. Jon Stires @ LKN is a talented lefty pitcher-2013 Charlotte commit. Nick Daddio is a fantastic catcher @ Hough-2012 Charlotte commit. Those are the players I know of off the top of my head. My apologies to any I may have missed. Hough also has Johnny Piedmonte, another great pitcher, but he's not pitching this year due to rehabbing an arm injury. He's a N.C. State commit.

4. Oceanprose

Oceanprose Full Access Member

The I-Meck conference schedule is unique this year. I-Meck teams will play home and away in the same week which makes for interesting match-ups. Will be exciting to see how the coaches manipulate their pitching rotations over the next 10-11 weeks.
    LNHS has the experienced players (Ian & Jack Edmiston, Seaford, Stires) to play with anyone in the I-Meck. LNHS lost three games to Mooresville last season and four out of the last five times they played against one another. Mooresville lost several players to graduation but will reload & give LNHS two or three highly contested games again this season. MHS expects to be there at the end and win that last game. Mallard Creek is coached well and has one of the toughest players in the conference at the plate and in the infield, Kirk Morgan. Morgan and company will be competing for the I-Meck title—count on it. North Meck has a new coach and lost several players to graduation. The Vikings are depending on Ryder Ryan to carry them on the mound, in the field and at the plate. Hopewell also lost several talented players to graduation. Hough had no seniors to lose and did not make the playoffs last year. Interesting note--Hough scheduled TC Roberson, Providence, Ardrey Kell, South Mecklenburg, and Myers Park in between I-Meck games.