1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the Finch Windmill Exerciser?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by hawks08, Apr 27, 2004.

1. hawks08

hawks08 Full Access Member

Hey TBRs,
    Has anyone used the (Jennie) Finch Windmill exerciser? Jennie claims its one of the main reasons she is so fast. Quite a few testimonials on the web site ( http://www.finchwindmill.com/) but I would like to hear some other personal experiences. Anyone not like it at all? Anyone work with it for months with no results? The web site of course shows all great results. Jennie by her own testimony is enough to sell the thing but I want to hear from the average consumer. Jennie's father actually invented it for her workouts. The big downside is it costs $325.

2. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Last year Coach Sherrill had my DD using this and I really could tell a difference in her speed and especially stamina. She would use it every night just like a regular pitching workout. She was able to throw alot of pitches in a tournament and not be sore on Monday due to the workout. It really helps in the cold months when you can't get outside to throw. One thing I will add is you will need to continue to do weight training just for the wrist and fingers so you will have more than just a shoulder. Hope that helps.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

she is on Dave Letterman tonite........................see if she pitches, hehe ...her product

:D

4. TrickyTricky

TrickyTricky Junior Member

The Windmill is good for when it's cold and you can't throw, but you can get the same endurance and strengthening effects (which will cut out soreness) from shoulder exercises with a $4 Theraband. Speed picks up by pitching fastballs over and over (with fast armspeed) and using your legs. You can always do things the 'old fashioned way'. Jennie is a good pitcher bc she put in hard work and pitching time and because she has a natural gift to pitch.

5. hawks08

hawks08 Full Access Member

Thanks for the info.

Thanks all for your thoughts. Tricky, do you have a list of exercises or a web page which demos the types of exercises to use with the theraband. We have been pitching, lifting and exercising for years but we are always looking for more ideas to help. Her control, movement and change of speeds is excellent but her speed is less than it could be for someone of her size. The college coach wants more speed so we are going to do whatever we can to increase. She has developed spinal scaliosis which is common for athletes who have become dominate on one side of the body. We need to deal with that also.
    Thanks again.

6. TrickyTricky

TrickyTricky Junior Member

Hi Hawks,

I do not have a list handy, but any physical therapist will have a detailed sheet with pictures that they should give you for free. You may be able to find them on the web. It's basically all the rotator cuff exercises (external/internal rotation, supraspinatous, lateral/front raises, reardelt, ect.). As far as speed goes, you need to make sure she is supplying enough leg drive with her pitch and resistance in her front leg. Keeping her weight back on her drive leg is a must so that she can supply power. Check out Ernie Parker's web site. He has a forum that answers a ton of questions that may can help you as well. Let me know if this address doesn't work. Hope this helps!

http://www.ernieparkervideos.com