1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area 1 Finals...

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, Jul 27, 2008.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Wayne County vs. Clayton for Area 1 championship, with both teams qualifying for state tournament in Gastonia.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. RaleighDevil

RaleighDevil Banned From TBR

For years, the Area I home field advantage rotated. Then a commissoner decided it would be based on record. I think head to head also came into play one year.

Now? Clayton gets it because it has a better playoff record. Our coach was not aware of this ruling or procedure. But Clayton may have a problem getting a field, so maybe the series opens at Southern Wayne.

This is getting old.

3. ClaytonPost71

ClaytonPost71 Full Access Member

Area One Championship Series

Game 1 Wayne County-9, Clayton-7
    Game 2 Clayton - 20, Wayne County -2
    Game 3 Wayne County-7, Clayton-6

Congratulations to Wayne County, and thanks to their coaches for helping Post 71 get the field ready after the rain that started @ 5:00

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  4. carolinacharlie

carolinacharlie Junior Member

Area One

As opposed to "perpetual" complaining about anything and everyting, why not take up your issues with those in a position to take action. I / we / most are tired of perpetual badmouthing of anyting and everything related to Legion baseball with the sole exception of Wayne County baseball....do you think everything revolves around you and your dugout scorebook. If anyone doesn't agree with you, are you going to "blow them to smirereens" like the other fellow whom you didn't agree with?

5. RaleighDevil

Let me know when you write something that makes sense.

The second game of the Area I series is still scheduled to be played at Southern Wayne High School. I just talked to the coach. MOC is due to begin work on its field today or tomorrow. We would play there only if that project does not begin on time.

6. RaleighDevil

For the poster who says that all some of us do is complain, I have two suggestions:

1. The home field advantage for the Area I series - what the others do is their business - should rotate each season. These are separate leagues that are not required to play each other. This would also do away with having the criteria change each year depending on the commissioner.
    2. Tiebreaker procedures should not be based on what the commissioner for that year says but should come from the ACC site. The conference has a method for breaking all ties.

Now, isn't that a positive post? And I didnt' threaten to blow anyone to smithereens.

7. ClaytonPost71

ClaytonPost71 Full Access Member

I do agree that a standard method for tie breakers and home field advantage needs to be set in our area. However, our commisioner is in his second year and has made the area much better then it ever was. He is on top of things and handles them with both teams in mind. I have indicated to him and I would think that we all would agree, we need to have an end of season area meeting with Coaches and Ahletic Directors from all Post in the area to resolve some of these issues that have occured during the season and continue to make this a better area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As we all know message boards are informative and are also a state of opinion, some people use them wisely and other don't..

8. RaleighDevil

The time to do it is in the spring meeting when everyone is together. That way no one is going to look at the season results and vote for a certain procedure.

Bob is a major improvement over the characters we have had, but this is an issue that should have been discussed before the season.

My preference is that they return to rotating the home field advantage. The problem is that this is not the Constitution we're talking about. It's easy to change rules and procedures from year to year.

9. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

RaleighDevil or anyone else...Do you know the pairing for this years state tourney?

10. RaleighDevil

Our coach told us we were playing Area III. I take that to mean those two areas are playing each other other in the first round.

I'm fine with that. I really don't want to see BDR (though I like him and had my picture taken with him at the banquet) or Pineville.