1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area 1 Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, Jul 9, 2007.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

I'll be at North Raleigh@Garner tonight, 7pm Garner HS.

2. edwardjg

edwardjg Junior Member

I think the Cary/ Apex series could be very interesting, especially in a 2 of 3. The games that I've seen Apex play, they look better than a sub .500 team.

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

^Agreed. Coach Valder knows his stuff too. That will be a darn good series. I hope to get out to Apex tomorrow night to check them out. Is Apex playing their home games at Apex HS? I heard someone tell me Panther Creek HS?!?!

4. edwardjg

edwardjg Junior Member

I know they've played a couple of games at Panther Creek, but I would bank on Apex High School tomorrow night.

5. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Cary coaches don't know of any change, we are assuming game is at Apex on Tuesday...

6. RaleighDevil

RaleighDevil Banned From TBR

Nash County 1
    Wayne County 5

Garrett Davis went six innings and struck out 11. He homered and tripled. Jackson Massey went the last three.

Wayne had 18 runners to NC's 12. NC cleanup hitter Xavier Macklin stuck out four times.

The series moves to cavernous Rocky Mount Academy.

Also, Edenton defeated Pitt 39 11-3.

7. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Cary 7, Apex 6

Another close game. Apex got 5 in the 1st on 4 hits, Logan Oaks hit a 3 run homer.... but Cary came back with 2 in the home half without a hit... Vance Williams walked 4, a couple of wild pitches, a SAC fly, and an error allowed the 2 runs.

Cary made it 5-3 on a solo homer by Michael Gyoerkoe in the 3rd. Williams went 5 innings for Apex, 3 runs (2ER), 3 hits, 5 BB, 7 K's. Apex got one in the 6th on three singles and a SAC fly. Cary came back in the bottom of the 6th... walk, SB, single.... 6-4 Apex after 6....

Cary got another run in the 7th when Apex made an infield error with the bases loaded and 2 outs.... 6-5 Apex after 7...

Cary got 2 in the 8th when the lead off batter Darrus Evans reached on another infield error, Michael Rooney doubled to tie the game, and Rooney scored on Will Simpson's single to take the 7-6 lead.

Simpson got the win in relief, having worked the 8th, and Cory Tilton closed, pitching the 9th and striking out 2 for the save. Michael Caddell took the loss for Apex.

Next game at Apex HS on Tuesday at 7PM

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

A great recap..thanks PT. Keep them coming

9. doctorbuzzy

doctorbuzzy Full Access Member

Tuesday game at Apex 7pm

Game is at Apex at 7pm. (Panther Creek doesn't have lights yet).

Game 1 was a spectator's dream -- pitching, timely hits, bases loaded jams, an early lead, a comeback, etc. The overview above was great at capturing what went on, but left out the two innings that Cary got out of bases loaded jams with excellent defense.

10. edwardjg

edwardjg Junior Member

Durham Post 7- 13
    Benson Post 109- 3 in 7 innings

Game 2 tonight at South Johnston @ 7pm