1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area 3 Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by JM15, Jul 9, 2007.

1. fpFANATIC

fpFANATIC Member

RC vs. RC......RC won

Randolph 5 Rowan 4

WP-Pritchard
    LP-Young

Issacs throws solid 4+, Pritchard, Davis, Ozment, and Marsh the 9th.
    Marsh has a win and save with 4Ks in 2 IPs in series. We didn't count on that.

Bunting solo HR in 1st.
    Marsh - 3 hits, a walk, and 3 runs scored.
    Young - 3 hits.

2. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

:banghead:

Randolph takes a 2-1 series lead of the Area III finals. Rowan could never really get back to back hits. Randolph lead 4-0 and Rowan rallied to tie it at 4-4 behind another large crowd at Newman Park. Rowan starter Cy Young was touched for 4 runs including a leadoff first pitch homerun to UNC signee Ben Bunting. Both teams left about 12 or 13 runners on base and Rowan had a runner tagged out at home in the 7th or 8th inning and that would have tied it. Rowan has lost 4 games this year and 3 of their losses have come to the hands of Randolph. The other loss was to Lexington. Rowan then had two on with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th but Jacob Dobbins and Matt Hall who went a combined 1-10 both struck out to end it. Rowan loses their first game at Newman Park this year, I believe their like 23-1 at Newman this year. That's still pretty impresive. BUT, it is gut check time for this Rowan squad and I think some losses like this can help prepare them for the teams they will see in Garner. Not sure who will get the nod Tuesday for Rowan. Maybe Weston Church, but probably the lefty Lee Dupre.

3. legionguy17

legionguy17 Full Access Member

first 2 competed games of this series somewhat surprising to me after the last series... maybe Randolph is playing a little looser now that they're bid in Garner is safe, but it appears they have kicked it up a notch...

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

There is no question that Randolph is the better hitting team between these 2,,, although Rowan has had the advantage in pitching all year in that they can send a quality starter out there every night. Rowan usually plays good defense and executes well offensively. Also, good pitching usually stops good hitting,,,,,,,,,,,,, but in this case, with Randolph's bats as HOTas they are, then yes it is gutcheck time for the first time for Rowan this year.

5. JM15

JM15 Moderator

We're heading down to McCrary park tonight. Hope to see a good game.

6. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Can someone send me the contact information for the head coach and athletic officers of Randolph County and Rowan County?

Thanks. This is very important.

7. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

after 8 innings

Randolph 8
    Rowan 5

8. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

8-5 is a final

Randolph leads series 3-1

9. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Wow... one heck of a crowd tonight. We don't see ANYTHING like that in the east. I hope all you folks come down to Garner next week.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

You ain't seen nuthin'. I'm tellin' ya Jere, you guys better make sure that you have enough food in your concession. And if you need some help...better hurry and contact Grandma Bumgarner. She's can cook enough to feed the whole town.