1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area 4 Caldwell vs Pineville

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MOOSE, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

2. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

Game 4

Caldwell 7

Pineville 5
    Bentley and Beam both had 2 run homers late in the game.
    Back and forth game the whole way. Caldwell pulled out all the stops using Nigro and Leyshon in releif late in the game. Pineville still almost pulled it off scoring one and leaving the tying runs in scoring position in the bottom of the ninth. Will try to give a game recap tomorrow. I don't have the info now. Unreal that a team as good as Pineville will not make it to the state tournament. Caldwell hasn't won the finals since 91.

3. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

First and foremost I saw the end of the Shelby series with Pineville and I knew then Pineville was a gutty team that would not bow down at anytime and I can say after seeing of their attempted bottom of the ninth comeback tonight, they are nothing but pure athletes that it was an honor to face off with them.

Back to the game, Madison Bumgarner started for Caldwell, and went 5 strong innings. Pineville tied the score at 3 in the 7th innning. Caldwell went to work in the 8th with two outs as Casey Morris singled Jesse Beane hit a two run HR down the left field line that was barely over and barely fair but clearly both.

Pineville rallied for one in the bottom of the eighth as the top of the Caldwell lineup came through in the top of the ninth. Josh Bentley hit a two run bomb to leftfield and gave Caldwell a 3 run lead.

Pineville quickly recored two outs in their frame and then started hitting the ball. There was an error and a walk or two mixed in but all I can remember is bases loaded and a 7-5 score as a soft liner was hit to rightfield and Caldwell got rid of a demon that has plagued them for 3 years.

Just to hit on a personal note, 3 years ago Caldwell lost to Rutherford on a game 7 extra inning walkoff HR. 2 years ago, Caldwell lead 3-0 in the series vs eventual Regional runnerup Shelby only to lose on a bottom of the ninth, seventh game walkoff HR. Last year, Caldwell lead 3-1 in their series vs eventual National runner-up Cherryville only to come up short again.

Congrats to Caldwell County's players and coaches on winning Area 4.

4. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

Caldwell vs Pineville recap for game 3 and 4 can be found in
    The Lenoir News Topic online tuesday.

www.newstopic.net/