1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area 4 legion

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Htownballa20, May 11, 2003.

1. wanksta50

wanksta50 Full Access Member

i agree braves but i think hill should play at second

2. cc12501

cc12501 Full Access Member

Pineville Legion Schedule:
    All home games for Pineville are at South Meck
    May 24 7:00 Huntersville Post 321 Away
    May 26 7:00 Charlotte Post 262 Home
    May 27 7:00 Gaston Braves Post 266 Away
    May 28 7:00 Monroe Post 27 Away
    May 29 7:00 Denver Post 455 Home
    May 30 7:00 Gaston Braves Post 266 Home
    May 31 7:00 Kings Mountain Post 155 Away
    June 4 7:00 Gastonia Post 23 Home
    June 6 7:00 Steele Creek Home
    June 7 7:00 Huntersville Post 321 Home
    June 9 7:00 Charlotte Post 262 Away
    June 10 7:00 Monroe Post 27 Home
    June 17 7:00 Kings Mountain Post 155
    June 18 7:00 Denver Post 455 Away
    June 21 7:00 Gastonia Post 23 Away
    June 22 7:00 Steele Creek Away
    Playoffs begin June 25 or thereafter

3. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

Woodard might not be playing for the Pineville Legion team but he can not play for the Charlotte Legion team unless he gets a release from the Pineville Legion team.

Woodard lives in the Pinveille Legion district and is slotted to play on the Pinveille Legion team if he so chooses to play Legion ball at all this summer. You can't just sign up to play Legion baseball wherever you choose to play. It does not matter that Woodard went to Myers Park. It matters where you live. Ben Kerr who plays at South Meck lives in the Charlotte Post Legion area so, therefore, Ben has to play with the Charlotte Post Legion team and not the Pineville Post Legion team who plays on the South Meck field, his home high school field and has no quarrels with this as rules are rules.

But again, Woodard could be playing with the Charlotte Legion team if he got the proper release forms approved and signed by the State Legion organization.

4. Sabredad

Sabredad Banned From TBR

Southloop- Woodard cannot play for Charlotte 262, There's a hard fast rule preventing it. Pineville cannot release him, nor can Charlotte accept him. This has been decided all the way at the state level. It's just something that all concerned need to accept and live with. It in no way reflects any conspiracy by any legion post! Has anyone considered or reflected upon the sudden Woodard interest in Legion Baseball?

5. Sabredad

Sabredad Banned From TBR

I also agree Brave's, Pineville should do well this year they've got lot's of quality players, but I believe I'd have Brett Robinson as my primary 1st bagger.

6. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

Sabredad: That is what I thought about playing for one Legion team or the other with regard to bounderies but was not 100% positive on that particular ruling. I thought that it just might be possible to obtain some type of release form though. Thanks for the input.

I am supposing that Woodard just wants to stay in shape for his upcoming college season in the Fall by playing Legion ball this summer as there is no need for him to showcase any more in the near future since he has already signed up with UNC.

7. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

I have no idea where you are going with this question, nor do I believe their are any ulterior motives. The only thing I believe is that (since RW is signed at UNC) he wants to play one last summer with his friends, before hitting the books/fields at UNC.

Skipping legion after his Junior year was probably also in his best interest, since the increased exposure probably aided in his scholarship offer. The interest may not be "sudden", but the ability to act upon that interest may be available to him now, when it wasn't before.

Geez: If no one in Charlotte wants him, he can sure come play at Post 321 up here in Huntersville. We would love to have him. He's a great kid.

8. Sabredad

Sabredad Banned From TBR

Dynasty7- Coach Rummage isn't giving his son the 4 pos, Justin has earned it! check the young man's stats over his career. Justin is another hard worker who quietly goes out there and does his job. He's a great defensive player, with an offence to match a great OBP with speed to make it count! He doesn't need the hype. research will show many of the pre-season dandy's didn't live up to their press!

9. waddellwaddell

waddellwaddell Member

Does anyone know what happens if you are found to be playing with the wrong team? Just wondering.:thinking:

10. Sabredad

Sabredad Banned From TBR

I have no idea where you are going with this question, nor do I believe their are any ulterior motives. The only thing I believe is that (since RW is signed at UNC) he wants to play one last summer with his friends, before hitting the books/fields at UNC.

Not going anywhere in particular with this, just reflecting that he could've played Legion baseball with Pineville 337, if he had such a strong desire to play legion ball.