1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area I Playoffs

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by ClaytonPost71, Jul 6, 2009.

1. durhampost7

durhampost7 Full Access Member

Cary 15
    Durham 13

Last night had to be one of the most frustrating games to watch from our dugout. The first 5 innings were the team I expected to see, while the last four were the team I've seen too many times this year. Giving away runs on sloppy play- falling behind in counts and I give the Cary hitters credit- they were getting pitches to hit and they didn't miss. My guys didn't quit, but we can't dig holes on defense at this stage in the playoffs and expect to win.

Game 3 at Riverside at 7pm; Cary leads series 2-0.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. edp102

edp102 Cary Resident

Durham over Cary

Cary 4
    Durham 7

Cary leads seris 2-1

Well played game, Durham just played better defense, and was better on the bases than Cary tonight. Cary wasn't all that bad, but Durham made several, several, key defensive plays (i.e. diving catches and at least 6 double plays). Eric Brady and Brian Rhino hit HRs for Cary, I think it was Brian Bass who hit the game winning 3-run HR for Durham.

3. swalston91unc

swalston91unc Full Access Member

WOW is such an overused expression...

...but I'm not sure what else applies here. Zack Lee capped a 4-for-5 evening by scoring the winning run on a fielding error in the 9th as Wilson topped Rocky Mount, 6-5. Post 13 is now one win away from its first Area One East title since 1990.

Kyle Shields, Wilson's #3 pitcher, was an ace Tuesday. He gave up single runs in each of the last four innings and limited Rocky Mount to the fewest runs since its season opener.

Post 13 travels to Northern Nash High School on Wednesday to try for the sweep. Wilson is now 16-10, while Post 58 slips to 14-4.

Rocky Mount ... 001 001 111 -- 5 10 2
    Wilson ............ 002 100 111 -- 6 12 1

One out when winning run scored.

Brandon Denton, Bill Clark (9) and Tyler Clark.
    Kyle Shields and Chris Lamm.

WP: Shields (2-1)
    LP: Denton (6-1)

Leading hitters:
    RM: TJ Taylor 2-3; Collins Cuthrell 2 RBIs; Xavier Macklin 1-5, 2B, RS; Ben Fish 1-3, 2B, RS; Mike Williams 1-4, RBI; Cameron Ramsey RBI; Dillon Cockrell 2-3, 2 RS; Tyler Clark 3-4, RS.
    W: Zack Lee 4-5, 2 RS, RBI; Michael McLawhorn 1-4, 2B; Tripp Sauls 1-4; Mitchell Wheeler 2-5, RBI; Zac Crumpler 1-3, RS; Chris Lamm 2-4, 2B, 2 RS; Seth Wiggs 1-4; Chris Johnson RS.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  4. durhampost7

durhampost7 Full Access Member

Durham 7
    Cary 4

Cary leads series 2-1

Durham came to play tonight and I hope it spills into tomorrow. We still have life, and anything can happen.

Game 4 at Cary High tomorrow at 7pm

5. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

The Wilson paper said Kinston was blistered, not just the pitcher. It's a team game. I watched most of the game and thought Wessel did a good job. I didn't hear one negative comment about the pitching. He'll earn respect by his performance, not by a parent throwing his teammates under the bus.
    http://www.wilsondaily.com/Sports/School/Story/Post-13-puts-it-away--

6. Grayben

Grayben Full Access Member

You are the Man Southern!

Never felt the need/desire to toot my son's horn by putting others players down and pointing out my son's accomplishments and other player's failures. Don't make a lot of friends that way. I know most parents feel the same way. When a parent is quick to point out their child's accomplishments and put down others, it's really unfair to their own child because human nature makes people start to root against that player even when the parent brought this on them. What a shame! The Kinston pitcher of topic did a great job. It just didn't go his or his TEAM's way. Baseball is life. Somedays are chicken salad.......some days are chicken dung! Karlrocket is right, not once and still not once, does Critterhunter give Wilson any credit for winning 3 out of 5 against a good Kinston team. Wishing Wilson the best of luck is NOT the same as giving Wilson credit! And on top of that, inserted the Supreme Being into the mix by saying God does not like boastfulness. Well maybe you are right, but I think you Critterhunter need to pray for peace of mind and move on! Good luck to your son. Seems like a nice young man.

7. critterhunter

critterhunter Junior Member

Last Time

Wilson has an awesome team and some very nice young men on that team. They played 5 great games and totally KICKED Kinston's BUTT. They played 5 almost error free games, they can hit the ball and definitely field the ball. They also have some winning pitchers. AND I am glad to see them winning against Rocky Mount and I have nothing against Rocky Mount. (Guess my prayer to the Supreme Being is working, cause I truly meant it!) In fact, I hope they complete the sweep tonight. But you guys are looking for stuff to bash me with. ANY coach that has coached my child (from T-ball to Sr. Legion) will tell you in a heart beat that if my son is off, I tell him to sit his butt on the bench till he gets his head screwed on straight. Most of the time they don't listen to me, but they know that if they do I understand why they did. I was not tooting my son's horn. His horn doesn't need tooting. (NOT BRAGGING again either) And I don't really need any of you to tell me that he did a good job, I have the stats. (not bragging again either) And it was great to have some coaches from another college team comment on him. My complaint was the comments about him needing to settle down. Again put yourself in my place.
    Let's say your child is playing short stop and the pitcher is throwing strikes that the batters keep hitting and everytime they are hit to your child. He fields the ball and throws the ball perfectly to first base EVERY TIME but just can't get the runner out. Comments are made that he needed to settle down. Now I know I am reaching a little bit but work with me here. Again how would you feel. That is all I am asking.
    As I told someone else in a private message, I have kept stats for all the teams my son has played on. I see the numbers and sometimes "some" players need to sit out a few games. Just to get their head right. I love all the boys on our team and would do anything for them. They are a great bunch of young men.

KalrRocket, FEEL FREE to help me out here!

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

If I may...

... I know karlrocket has a "way" with words, but if I may, the best advice would be for all to just move on.

Things are sometimes said during (and after) the heat of battle, and nobody blames no pop for defending his own son (hell if a dad don't defend his son, nobody else is going to),,,,, but in this case, the battle is over, you've given props to Wilson, lets move on. Sounds like some great baseball being played down east. You Easterners need to just drop it and come together, because DEM WESTERN BOYS (ie Shelby, Churaville, maybe Rowan County (maybe Randolph) and the Mooresville, High Point winner are all coming to ECU next week and the only thing on their minds is winning that big trophy.

:two-cents:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  9. critterhunter

critterhunter Junior Member

THANK YOU and AMEN

I honestly meant nothing bad toward OUR team or Wilson. I was (a mom) just defending my son. Hope that doesn't make it worse. May the EAST bring it home! And guys please let it go, PRETTY PLEASE!

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Sorry mom, thought I read somewhere "dad", but that shows my own attention span.

Best wishes to the eastern teams.