1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area III American Legion Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Strikezone, May 14, 2003.

1. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Strikezone, Brett Stirewalt still has not joined the Kannapolis legion team. Although I'm not sure where he will play, he will certainly add to the depth.

As for your comment, "not sure if Kannapolis is that much stronger, or Rowan is that much weaker". I happen to agree with you on this one, I think its BOTH. Kannapolis is "definitely" stronger and deeper this year. And Rowan,,,, :D well everyone knows the caliber of ballplayers that they lost from last year's team, they only had one way to go and that is "down". Rowan will still win a lot of ballgames this year because they are still good. Rowan has a very good team, they just don't have a "state championship" caliber team.

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  2. FalconDad

FalconDad Junior Member

What you younger guys need to realize is that sports teams usually run in spurts. Or in a certain number of years. East Rowan had great baseball for years. Now the tide has turned to other schools in the County. Rowan had a great Legion team last year. Now their on a rebuilding mission. They are a very young team. The best thing about any sport is watching and pulling for a team for years and years and to see the different cycles that the team goes through. Rowan is probably a .500 or .600 ball club this year. And thats ok. The good news is i know that Rowan Legion will rise again to be a State Team. For you young guys that are now playing take some advice. Play each game like it is your last. Win or lose. These are the best days of your life and you will talk about them to others from this time forward. Enjoy this time. The smell of fresh green cut grass, hotdogs, leather, and the cheering of the crowds. Then when your time has passed you will be telling your children about the time that your team beat Rowan or Kannapolis or whoever. Take a good look at the children that are watching you play. They will be wearing your cleats in a very few short years. Have fun!

3. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

YOU GUYS SEEM TO BE ALREADY COUNTING ROWAN OUT WELL I WILL BET YOU WHEN THEY ROLL THE MARBLES IN THE CIRCLE ROWAN COUNTY WILL BE THERE. THEY HAVE STARTED OFFF SLOW BEFORE AND WON STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS NOT SAYING THEY WILL THIS YEAR BUT THEY WILL BE THERE TO CONTEND WITH.

4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Great post FalconDad, I especially loved the hot dog part.:)

5. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Nice post, FalconDad. Keep'em comin'

note: In case anybody is still wondering (or cares), the catcher mentioned in this thread earlier WILL suit up for South Rowan Legion this year.

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  6. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Rowan will be OK this year,but not a state title contender.Look for Rowan to go about 10-8 in league games this year.If they catch some breaks maybe 11-7 at best.It will certainly not be the kind of year Rowan fans have been accustomed too.

Rowan has a lot of young kids and they will be back making a run at the state soon.Just not this year.

7. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

rcbbfan, I'm actually glad that this catcher will be suiting up for South Rowan legion this summer. He's a good kid, and I wish him the best. In his case, its another Rowan loss. :D