1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area III Play-off scores

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tools, Jul 8, 2011.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

travis, The Salisbury Post may have jumped the gun on that comment, because Rowan would actually need to beat Western Forsyth tonite and then also win tomorrow nite against the winner of ERandolph/Mocksville,,, in order to win their bracket and qualify for the state tournament.

For whatever reason, Area 3 divided all the teams into 2 brackets this year and had separate double elimination semi-tourneys. The winner of each bracket will of course play each other for the Area 3 title, but both bracket winners advance to the state tourney. Believe Randolph, WS, SRowan and HP are the remaining teams in other bracket.

I dont like this double elimination format, I always like "series play" in AL baseball, because I believe when you play a series, you have a better indication of the best teams advancing. Double elimination tourneys can be brutal if you have 1 bad day and get put in loser's bracket, and IMO double elim tourneys are all about whichever team gets hot at the right time.

To answer your question about how good Rowan is, give me their pitching and if we play series throughout the state finals, they are state champs. But given this double elim tourney in Area 3, and the state tourney is also double elim,,,,,,, I agree with you, Im not sure they have enough hitting. I wish them the best. Tools can feel free to chime in, if I missed something or said something wrong.

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

He's apparently a college freshman who is simply still eligible for legion ball by his age, thats all. A lot of college freshmen do it.

3. tools

tools Full Access Member

TJ is correct, almost all teams have some college freshman. Born in 1992, you are eligble for Legion.

4. Ballfan

Ballfan Full Access Member

Apparently he has left USC so that might have contributed to it.

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Hi Toms Post 87 11
    Randolph County 7

no details

Nice win for Post 87

6. wossa

hold the phone

apparently Randolph coach is protesting the game due to illegal bat used by High Point :icon_bs:

Wouldn't be legion ball if somebody wasn't protesting something :cuda:

7. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

what?

I don't know diddly about legion ball roster rules, but Desean Anderson was in Omaha 2 weeks ago in the national championship dogpile. how can he be eligible on a legion team? btw, I read that he was transferring from USC.

8. wossa

not sure about Anderson. I was surprised too when I saw him down there the other night. I know that organization is usually all over getting paper work right. Apparently they had his paperwork in awhile back but he couldn't play until CWS was over. I know it's not legion ball but I know UNC players just started playing for the CPL Hi Toms. I guess it's kind of unusual for a player to go to the finals of the CWS and still play legion ball. Would hope the league would have told them he couldn't play if he wasn't eligible.

As to the transferring - I talked to his dad the other night and never heard anything about that. Of course I didn't ask either so that could be true.

9. tools

tools Full Access Member

WSestern Forsyth at Rowan

Rowan County 3
    Western Forsyth 2

Western season complete

10. pirate

pirate Full Access Member

Eastern Randolph Defeated Mocksville 7-6 in the 9th inning with a 5 run rally. Don`t bank on this information.