1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area III Schedules, News, Results,..... etc.

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, May 20, 2007.

1. Baseball7690

Baseball7690 Member

Lexington davidson has 2 players at state games zack briggs ss and Levi Michael 2b they also have 4 starters at the beach due to senior graduation. This could make a huge difference in the stanley county game on friday. But might i add Lexington can still score runs in bunches with the lineup they will have

2. legionfan

legionfan Full Access Member

3. NPC Fanatic

NPC Fanatic LakeNormanFan-lost pword

Buddy Sosnoskie

Sosnoskie makes an impact right off the bat

By BRAD NORMAN
    [email protected]
    Thursday, June 14, 2007

So far, Buddy Sosnoskie is fitting in just fine with the Statesville Owlz.

After moving to the area with his parents last Monday, the recent high school graduate is already making quite an impact on Statesville’s American Legion squad.
    “He’s a very good ballplayer,” Statesville head coach Mike Grant said. “He’s also a very likable guy.”

The Virginia Tech signee has given the Owlz an offensive boost and an extra arm on the mound. Sosnoskie, who batted cleanup on Tuesday against Mooresville, is 5-for-6 the last two games, and he also reached base on an error.
    Those hits include a home run against Rowan County and a triple off the wall against Mooresville. He was equally impressive on the mound against the Moors.
    After replacing starter Brandon Wiggins at the top of the sixth inning, Sosnoskie allowed three hits and one run in the final four innings while striking out eight.
    A big lefty, Sosnoskie uses a slow, deliberate windup, and he blew fastballs past Mooresville batters while also mixing in some good off-speed stuff. “He did a really good job for them,” said Mooresville third baseman Joe Manser, who had a double and struck out against Sosnoskie. “And he hit it well, too.”

The Owlz, who use a four-man rotation, have had trouble with middle relief pitching this season, and Grant will continue to use Sosnoskie as both an outfielder and pitcher. “Absolutely, we’ll use him as both,” Grant said. “We’re hearing that Virginia Tech will use him as both also.” Sosnoskie’s appearance on the mound Tuesday was his first of the season for the Owlz. He was used as a closer by his high school team.
    “That was the first time in a while I’ve thrown more than one inning at a time,” Sosnoskie said. “I’ve got to learn how to build.”

One thing he doesn’t need any help on his hitting. “Hitting has always been my thing,” Sosnoskie said. “I like pitching, but it’s always been behind hitting.”
    The Owlz are currently 2-5 in the Area III Southern Division, nearly three games behind Mooresville for the final playoff spot. Sosnoskie has been welcomed by the team, and his quick immersion may prove to be valuable as the Owlz continue to try to make a push in the standings. “These are a good bunch of guys,” Sosnoskie said. “They’re a lot of fun to play with.”

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Kernersville at Kannapolis (Fri.June 15)

This game has been cancelled due to it only being a non-league game and numbers of players missing at beach for both teams.

Kannapolis at Statesville tonight (Thursday) and back in action at Concord (Saturday).

5. tools

tools Full Access Member

Western Forsyth at Wilkes
    Cancelled due to rain, no make up date scheduled

6. TriadMan23

TriadMan23 Full Access Member

anyone have any updated Area III North Division standings?

7. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Stellar Matchup Tonight

Lexington at Stanly tonight in Albermarle.

8. UNCDAD7

UNCDAD7 Junior Member

Yes - should be a good matchup with Watson on the mound for Lexington. Post 8 will be missing all of its starting infield and two starters in the outfield due to state games and beach trips.... Still should be exciting though - Lexington has depth at most positions this year.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Triadman,,, I'm working on some updated standings for both divisions, let me see what I can get here in the next while before the Tarheel game tonight.

Btw,,,, GREAT game in Albemarle tonight with Lexington/Stanly,,,, both teams will be missing players because of graduates at the beach or state game participants. Still 2 great teams, both my picks to finish in top 3 of league.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  10. Baseball7690

Baseball7690 Member

does anyone know who will be on the mound for Stanley..i read that watson will be pitching for lexington