1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area III Schedules, News, Results,..... etc.

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by tj21, May 20, 2007.

1. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Area III Southern Division

Current State of Affairs:

Rowan County 23-2 18-1
    Mocksville 20-8 14-5
    Lexington 17-6 13-5
    South Rowan 15-9 13-5
    Stanly 13-5 12-5

Remaining games that matter:

Lexington vs. Stanly
    Lexington vs. S. Rowan
    Stanly vs. Mocksville

Stanly vs. S. Rowan

Incredibly tough division; The playoffs should be very interesting. I don't think Rowan will waltz through this at all.

I caught a little flack at the beginning of the year from some folks when I said that Mocksville could challenge the "appointed big 3--Rowan , Lex, Stanly", but they are a win and Lexington loss from being the #2 seed. Mocksville is a tough team. With McDaniel pitching game 1 of any series, it's going to be hard for a team to get up on them right away.

2. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Stanly 7 Lex 1 Tuesday afternoon.

Lexington is not the same team right now. No excuses though. Everyone goes through this from time to time. They'll still be dangerous in the playoffs.

If I understand things, Mocksville is sitting in the driver's seat for 2nd place with a win over Stanly at home tonight.

3. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Tough 24 hours for Lexington...but South Rowan earned another W. Hat tip to a gritty team that plays all out.

SR 3 Lex 2

As a fan, the good news is that Lex's pitching is on the rise. Bad news is they're struggling at the plate. Grubb will be back for the playoffs next week. The break might light the fire...these kids still have it in them. (I'm a believer!)

4. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Current Area III South as of 07/03/07

Rowan defeated Statesville tonight be a score of 12-5. Games was close through the 7th inning as Statesville had the bases loaded trailing 7-5. Lee Dupree came on in relief of Keegan Linza and struck Statesville's best hitter out on three pitches to end the threat. From there, Rowan added 4 in the 8th and another in the 9th to win. D.C. Cranford, Rowan's 9 hitter, scored 5 runs and stole 3 bases. Linza moved to 6-0 on the season.

Rowan 12 10 0
    States 5 9 4

Other scores from Area III South:

Stanly 7
    Lexington 1

S. Rowan 3
    Lexington 2

Mocksville 12
    Stanly 7

Moorsville 5
    Wilkes 2

Standings:

Rowan 19-1 25-2
    Mocksville 15-5 21-8
    South Rowan 14-5 16-9
    Stanly 13-6 14-6
    Lexington 13-7 17-8

Mocksville is the number 2 seed as stated below. South with a victory over Stanly would be three. Lexington then fourth, and Stanly fifth.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  5. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

Kernersville 14
    Surry 4

WP: Josh Weaver

HR: K: Will Cornelius 2, Eli Robins

Kernersvilles closes out their regular season tomorrow at home against Wilkes.

Kernersville is 14-8 (11-5) not sure if they will be the 2 or 3 seed....depends on Eastern Randolph and their final games

6. dakota44

dakota44 Member

Mocksville has a lock on the number 2 seed after beating Stanly, because they won both games against South Rowan this year.

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Any word yet on the South Rowan/Stanly County final score tonight? I have that game and tomorrow's (Thursday July 5) makeup with Statesville at Kannapolis as the final regular season games in Area 3. Right?

8. DCL26

DCL26 Full Access Member

South Rowan/ Stanly

South Rowan wins 10 to 7.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Btw, I must give both Mocksville and South Rowan props for finishing 2-3 in the Southern Division standings. I was adamant about the top 3 being Rowan, Stanly County and Lexington this summer,,, but things just didn't work out for Lexington and Stanly as well as I would've thought. Obviously both teams lost key players who would've made a difference, but even though I had Mocksville and South Rowan picked in the 4,5,6 range,,,, I gotta give those 2 credit for having great regular seasons.

Now, the fun part, the playoffs start and obviously Rowan is the favorite in the South, but which Area 3 team will join Rowan at the state tournament. Look for Randolph County to be that 2nd Area 3 team... :munching_out:

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Congrats to South Rowan on another great win tonight at Stanly County. I have the final Southern Division standings and first round playoff matchups as follows:

1- Rowan County vs. 8- Mooresville
    2- Mocksville vs. 7- Concord
    3- South Rowan vs. 6- Kannapolis
    4- Lexington vs. 5- Stanly County

*** Each series best 3 of 5, to begin Monday July 9 at higher seed ***

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007