1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area IV Junior Legion Showcase

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by bigdan, Jul 17, 2011.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

McDowell Post 56 will be hosting the Area IV Junior Legion Showcase Friday and Saturday July 22nd and 23rd at McDowell High School...

The Showcase will have over 50 players from the different Area IV Junior Legion Programs. This event will have a "Military" theme as the players will be split up into 4 different teams, each representing a branch of service. (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force)

The event will begin with an Opening Ceremony on Friday at 5:15 pm. We will introduce all the All-Stars. Also fitting with the Military theme we will have a special tribute to Veterans.

The games will begin at 6 pm Friday with all four teams playing once on Friday. Then there will be two more games for everyone on Saturday. We'll also have a Home Run Derby in between the Saturday games...

Here's the schedule for anyone who is interested in making the trip...this is our first time hosting an event since Post 56 re-started its program.

Friday July 22nd:

5:15 pm: Opening Ceremony
    6:00 pm: Team Army vs Team Navy
    8:00 pm: Team Marines vs Team Air Force

Saturday July 23rd:

9:00 am: Team Army vs Team Marines
    11:00 am: Team Navy vs Team Air Force

1:00 pm: Home Run Derby

2:00 pm: Team Army vs Team Air Force
    4:00 pm: Team Navy vs Team Marines

NOTE: I do have rosters for each team, feel free to PM for more info...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. eddierhom

eddierhom Junior Member

Rosters

Could you post the rosters

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I know we got several kids from Mecklenburg and Gaston Counties scheduled to appear at this weekend's event...if you are considering staying in Marion overnight (Friday), we got two moderately priced hotels in the area that I would suggest.

Comfort Inn is located on US 70 West less than a mile from McDowell High. Just take I-40 West to exit 86, go north onto 226, take the Marion Bypass to the intersection of HWY 70. Hotel is on the right.

Hampton Inn is another option. Take exit 85, turn right and the hotel is on the left...

Again...with some teams playing early on Saturday, those would be 2 options to anyone that's wanting to stay in Marion tomorrow night.

Also...when you get to McDowell High, they are currently doing some construction close to the baseball field. Best parking is the teachers parking lot which is located right below the field.

Directions to McDowell High are easy...

I-40 to exit 86...
    Take NC 226 North onto Marion Bypass (221/226).
    Take Bypass to HWY 70 West, turn left and travel to 3rd right, turn left and go to the top of the hill.

4. rev

rev Junior Member

JV Showcase

Did this event take place and if so, who played and what were the results?