1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area IV Playoff Pairings

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by luigiboy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Nugget

Nugget Full Access Member

Early in the game there was a strike zone in favor of Poarch, not Parks. I always appreciate the "umps", (I could NOT do that job) but, I do not think the plate umpire had a good game last night. To suggest that the ball/strike calls were in favor of Post 100, especially the first few innings, is just NOT correct.

2. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Well you know some of these series can get a little intense. The water bottle was thrown after a out call at first base late in the game. It was a very odd called baseball game so it was eating at both of the coaches through out the game. As a fan it appeared to me that Coach Hamby desired to be thrown out to maybe fire up his team or something cause he went out to argue balls and strikes during the inning and got ejected in between innings continuing the argument I assume. In classic fashion Caldwell storms back in the top of the 9th to tie the game on a three run homerun and then it turned into a pitchers duel. In the bottom of the 12th inning Blake hits a grand slam to end the game and close another Chapter in the Caldwell-Cherryville story.

3. Nugget

Area 4 Final, Rutherford Co. 423 @ Cherryville 100

Games are on the radio. Site is www.hrnb.com. Suppose to be able to click on WLON or WCSL. One or both have the game.

Rutherford Co. wins game 1 by a score of 24-10 in 8 innings.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  4. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

WOW! Nothing much i can say about that. That's just a good ole butt whooping!!

5. Nugget

Area 4 final, game 2 @ Rutherford Co.

Cherryville defeated Rutherford Co. by a score of 10-3. Series tied 1-1. Game 3 @ Cherryville, Wednesday night. Radio thru www.hrnb.com

Cherryville highlights - Drew Reynolds pitched CG. Tripper Crisson hit a solo HR in the 3rd.

Rutherford Co. highlights - Stephen Crowe hit a 3 run HR in the 7th.

6. grahamcracker

grahamcracker Full Access Member

that is what's great about baseball. score 10 runs one night and lose 24-10; score 10 the next night and win 10-3. Pitchers seem to be getting tired and hurt as the summer wears on and the innings pile up this year. Lots of cleats have been crossing the plate in the latter part of the playoffs. Now it's not a matter of just winning the playoffs, but surviving.

7. Nugget

area 4 final, game 3 @ Cherryville

Cherryville defeats Rutherford 18-8. (7 innings)

Post 100 went into the 6th trailing by a score of 8-6, but got things going and got 10 runs. There was one HR in the inning, from Drew Reynolds.

This win gives Cherryville Post 100 their 4th straight Area 4 title. Also, it ties them with Gastonia Post 23 for the most all time with 14.

Rutherford Co. Post 423 goes to the State Tourney as the Area 4 runner up.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  8. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Area IV Championship

Cherryville 18
    Rutherford County 8
    7 Innings

Cherryville wins its 4th Area IV Title in a row and 14th overall, tying Gastonia for most Area IV Championships of all time.

Next Game: State tournament in Asheboro against Cary at 12:30 Saturday