1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area IV Playoffs

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by 3ABaseballFan, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

THE CROWN JEWEL

CALDWELL COUNTY POST 29

VS

CHERRYVILLE POST 100

CAROLINA MAN

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I don't care what kind a year certain teams are having,,, but teams like Caldwell County, Shelby, Churaville and Rowan County will never fall in the OVERRATED category. Anybody who looks past any of these programs would just fall in the IGNORANT category. These programs know how to win in July period, it starts with great coaching and it ends with the players' pride in their communities and how they seem to play their best when it matters the most.

As for you new guys, hey this sort of "jabbing" between certain programs is like the spice of life, its the difference in this board and other boards,,, theres no problem as long as we don't mention specific players in a negative manner or call out specific individuals. Just keep it semi-clean and have fun.

2 great programs with great traditions, whoever advances, there are no losers in this series.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  3. 3ABaseballFan

3ABaseballFan Full Access Member

I agree tj, this series is going to be great. It doesn't matter what each team's record is, they're both here now and playing each other. This Cherryville/Caldwell series could be great. They say great pitching can beat great hitting, well we're fixing to find out. Good luck to both teams and get plenty of rest, it could be a long series.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Is it best of 5 or best of 7?

And btw, good to hear from you again Carolina Man.

5. 3ABaseballFan

All rounds are best of 5.

6. Carolina Man

Caldwell County Post 29

Thanks TJ21...glad to be back in town. Came home for the fourth of July and dang, the fireworks have already began. Got to see Poarch hold Huntersville down and the 29ers looked pretty dang good. But this next week with CALDWELL COUNTY POST 29 and cherryville post 100....well I just hope nobody gets hurt and everyone who is alive today is still alive at the end of the week...where you at sumo and luigiboy...you bushwackers...LOL

Carolina Man

:waving:

7. Carolina Man

BTW...GOOD POST

:PubDrink:

Carolina Man

8. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Oh Im closer than you think..... I could not think of a better way to get the fourth of July started than a show down with you all...... But I have read some of the post from this here section and according to them the Post 100 boys are way over matched! But I tale ya what being a sporting kinda guy I would wager a coke and a hot dog ( would have offered burger but economy is kinda ruff) that Cherryvile :smack: Caldwell around? What ya think Carolina man? This has been a great rivalry series around this area since 1999 or so. And oh yeah we plan on getting ours if we have to take it from ya!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW THE MOTTO :cheers2:

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Three things you can count on for Independence Day:

- Fireworks
    - Cookouts
    - Caldwell County vs Cherryville

...can't get much better!

and life is back to normal with luigiboy, Sumo and Carolina Man stoking the fires. :fan_wave2: One of the best rivalries in baseball.

10. 3ABaseballFan

Shelby vs. Hickory

Hickory 2
    Shelby 3

WP-Adam Izokovic
    LP-Robert Mckinney

Tyler Poole started on the mound for Hickory and pitched a great 8.1 innings. Izokovic for Shelby gave up only 5 hits and struck out 6 or 7 with no walks. Julian Bridges (2B) went 4-4 with two squeeze bunts including the game winner in the bottom of the ninth with 2 strikes. The game winning squeeze hit the grass in front of the plate and some how Bridges got it down. Overall it was a great game and this could be a very good series. Hickory is a great team, I just hope Shelby learned that tonight.

**********19 Wins in a row for Shelby***********

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009