1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area IV Playoffs

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by 3ABaseballFan, Jun 27, 2009.

1. 3ABaseballFan

3ABaseballFan Full Access Member

Shelby vs. Hickory

Shelby 20
    Hickory 10
    Final

No misprint, a lot of runs scored in Hickory tonight. Hickory was up 5-0 after two and up 10-9 going to the 8th and Shelby erupted with a 2 run homerun (Eric Shuford) and a grand slam (Johnathon Henderson) in the top half of the 8th and then added some runs in the 9th. That's about all I know. The winning pitcher was Eric Shuford, not sure who the losing pitcher was. I do know that Shelby made a lot of errors tonight and got lucky that their bats were hot. Shelby leads the series 2-0.

**************20 wins in a row for Shelby**************

Rutherford County 4
    Asheville 3
    Final

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  2. spartanfan1144

spartanfan1144 Junior Member

Cherryville 6
    Caldwell 2

Both pitchers did an outstanding job.

Adam Benfield WP Threw entire game and did a good job at keeping caldwell off balance.

Aaron Bentley LP Threw 7 strong innings keep cherryville to 3 runs. Then Jake Benfield pitched the 8th giving up 3 runs.

Cant wait for tomorrow night at Ms Deal.

3. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Well at this rate you will not be eating any thing :sun: I dont want chili on that hot dog. :evilgrin: As for the game Post 100 was able to be effective with the hits that they got last night in scoring there six runs. I heard the Sharpe kid was hurt in a accident at home. I hope it was not serious. The Post 100 crowd is headed for Caldwell tonight so :corn: get READY the boys are back in town:woohoo: Looking for a little more 29er hide

4. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

Thanks Sumo, He will be back soon. Luckily it was his left arm not his right!! All he does with his left arm is eat, write and fall on it but he throws with his right!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  5. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Will he be back for this baseball season or rehabing for the next one?

6. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

The Doctor is going to have to clear him but I really don't put anything past him.

7. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Tonights Caldwell vs Cherryville game is postponed due to rain. Game 2 will be tomorrow night at MS Deal at 7:00.

8. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Caldwell County Post 29

Looks like I'm one dog down...try to get it back tonight...how are we going to find each other to pay this bet off? I missed last nights game due to a cookout with family and friends. Lookings forward to tonight.

:fishing:

Carolina Man

9. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Are you serious!! It didn't rain that much here and it was all gone and the sun out bright by 3:30. The field could easily be ready for play. Same thing happened in the nw4a tournament this year. I think someone needs to look about finding a new grounds crew

10. Ball-dee

Ball-dee Member

Reporter, I beg to differ. I was at the field around 3:00 after it had rained around 1 and haf inches in an hour period. The field was definitely unplayable and would not have been able to get ready for play. Please do not criticize the hard working groundskeeper.