1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Area IV Playoffs

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by 3ABaseballFan, Jun 27, 2009.

1. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Don't know about that but i just left down there and they could play on the field now and that is without any work being done on it

2. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

3-4 hours before gametime and no rain since. They could have gotten the field playable in that amount of time. Caldwell is just delaying the inevitbale.

3. 3ABaseballFan

3ABaseballFan Full Access Member

Hickory 1
    Shelby 9

WP-Eric Shuford

Shelby looked great tonight to wrap up the series 3-0. Shuford pitched an excellent game again striking out at least 10. He also helped his cause with a couple of RBI's on a homerun and a double. Austin Trice was 3-3 with 5 RBI's tonight for Shelby who awaits the winner of the Rutherford/Asheville series. They'll have several days off which could hurt them, but we'll find out soon.

**********21 wins in a row**********

4. MS Deal Crew

MS Deal Crew Junior Member

Odd....I am the person who does the field year round at Deal and I was there on the field again at 6:30 and the infield grass had water on it between the pitchers mound to home plate and down the baselines that was over the soles of my shoes. Not to mention the pond in right field and down the left field line. We got 1.75 inches of rain in 2 hours. But hey....let em play right.....it is only a kids health and safety at risk for your viewing pleasure.

5. MS Deal Crew

MS Deal Crew Junior Member

YOU are very funny! I guess you would let the kids play in any condition? I and the HS coaches all agreed to call the HS games it was so bad....as to tonights game....see my other post.

6. NCPress

NCPress Junior Member

The Cherryville Posters will complain about anything. Since there is no game they complain about the grounds crew gets to hear from you. Ball-Dee did the field for years and MS Deal Crew keeps the field up now. Both have done a great job for years. You were not here to see all the rain. Stop whinning post 100 fans. You are the worst fans in the region IV area. Bring you "A" game tonight and a crying towel to wipe your tears. Game time 7PM, 'fireworks to follow'.

7. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Ok, all BS aside, we (Post 100 fans) know that the field probably wasn't playable. That does NOT mean that we're not going to complain about it and say that they could have gotten it ready. But come on...you have to admit, if the shoe was on the other foot, the Caldwell fans would have been making the same comments.

As for the worst fans in Area IV....Yeah I'll take that. Thanks!

8. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Welcome back from the beach luigiboy...you bushwacker...hope you had a good trip...got back just in time for the big show.

:31:

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  9. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Deal Stadium has a great ground crew...if they said the field was unplayable then it was unplayable. They want to get these games in as soon as possible so they can relax for a little while before school starts back.

Carolina Man

:tdo3:

10. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

No complaining hear babe! Now that the sun is back out I will be interested to hear your excuse when the next game goes Post 100's way. Never been one for excuses or whining so be carefull when you go throwing blanket statements out there. I have been to my share of ball games and the 29er fans are not always sunshine and ice cream:32: And if you dont know the motto ask Carolina man:dead-horse-fast2: