1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ASA Rules on Elite Genovese/Pack Collusion...

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CoachJD, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Gator_Dad

Gator_Dad Advanced Member

let me clear the air please....

First of all if anyone took my post as a direct slam towards coach pack then i appologize. I just didnt think about it when i posted that "coach hawkins runs a top notch program". Hawk does run a top notch program but not without the help of pack. I consider pack a personal friend and one that i would like to keep as a personal friend. For anyone to question his morals or intent is a joke. This guy has given a lot over the years to the game that our kids love to play.

My daugher visited USC Upstate a little over a year ago and fell in love with the place AND THE COACHES! BOTH OF THEM! Pack has helped me a lot with recruiting questions and what is best for my kid. After meeting with Pack and Hawkins my daughter would have turned down a full ride offer to play for any SEC school to play for those guys. I know its suppose to be about the school but with her it was about the coaches in this case and the way they interacted with their players. For anyone to question Bryan's motives is an insult.

He has helped a number of local and very talented girls live out their dreams of playing college ball at the next level. When he decided to start over with a younger group of girls he made sure that all of his uncommitted players had a team to play on that had the same goals as him.

My name is Kevin Ramsey and I have never hid that. I say a lot of things to piss people off but this was not a moment when that was my intent. A lot of times that is my intent i will have to admit :rofl: but not this time.

If any of your kids gets an offer from this school and you try to talk her out of it because of something you read from some pissed off people on a message board then shame on you. It is in no way a reflect on Pack, Hawkins or the program at USC Upstate. Anyone that things any different is for lack of better words an idiot.

I am not hard to get in touch with if any of you would like to discuss this any further

2. OldSchool

OldSchool Yeah, where is he now?

Gatordad, you seem to be knowledgable about the situation and I'm just trying to figure out where things seemed to go downhill. In a previous post you said you didn't like the way things went down and it made a mockery out of the game. Someone obviously started this chain of events that snowballed out of control. In your opinion who is/are the bad guys here? I guess my question is, in your opinion, who is it that made a mockery of the game?

3. OldSchool

OldSchool Yeah, where is he now?

Boy this thing died in a hurry. Looks like politics are alive and well in travel ball.:sad3:

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

calm before the storm???

5. CoachJD

CoachJD Junior Member

During this whole process several higher ups at ASA suggested a "Code Change is in order to close the collusion opportunity. Does anyone here have any experience with ASA and the Code change process?