1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ASA State Tournament in Cary

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Loveofthesport, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Unbelievable, isn't it

2. Ship Pirate

Ship Pirate Junior Member

coaches

Sounds like some of these coaches are in it for their on self gratification. These players you speak of get to a high level of play because of the good work habits their parents have instilled into them. Parents usually know what's best for their children. If it's time to move on to the next level they usually make the call. Not the players. Coach Ray is at the top level no where to go after Coach Ray's help but to College PERIOD....
    Someone spoke of Casey's accomplishments before. This maybe way off but I would wager a ton of $$$ her previous coaches were riding on her shirt tails and actually holding her back truth be known... Any hats off credit for her hard work ethics should go to Casey and her parents for the thousands of hours of hard work they as a family pulled in their back yard. She would have made it no matter where she played TB at because of her parents.. Being a good Coach isn't rocket science you know??? College coaches want their players to play with coach Ray because the things they will learn from him they won't have to waste time teaching them once they get to college.
    Most players do not stay on the same team for more than a couple years you know. The best players actually move around quite a bit. Even a "bad" coach has alot a player can learn from if it's only how not to do something... Just enjoy the girls while you can and do what's best for them... not you...

3. THE MAN

THE MAN Banned From TBR

COACHES

Please don,t tell all these girls that if they don,t play for coach Ray they should give up on all their dreams of playing ball in college. I guess you think they should go to the cotton fields and pick cotton. How selfish can you be,I understand now why you can,t call yourself a man. I can only say I trying to give credit to all the coaches who give their time and money to help girls as you say that can not play for Ray. Sorry if i steped on some toes,and I am proud to call myself a man maybe someday you can fill my shoes., but you need to grow up first.

4. MP2

MP2 Full Access Member

You're full of crap.

5. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I think this thread has served it's purpose! After all the topic was ASA state tournament in Cary.

Just a message to Ship Pirate, you are a way off in your wager about Casey's former coaches. I can tell you that Mark Bowen of The Carolina Curve is one of the most knowledgeable TB coaches in the State. He has never rode anyone's shirt tails to get anywhere. He is a coach that reconizes talent, as he did in Casey. They grew together as a coach and player. I'm saying, don't try to take anything away from either one.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.