1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ASA Tournaments for 2007

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Bmac1, Sep 20, 2006.

1. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

New Tournaments Added

We now have several upcoming ASA tournaments starting next weekend at Statesville They are posted online at www.ncasafastpitch.com
    Check'em out. All ages, low entry fees and 4GG.
    Tournaments in the fall will be held at W-S and Statesville.
    Team registrations available for 8U through 16U.

We invite everyone to come grow with us at NC ASA Fastpitch.

2. Blaze

Blaze Member

It would be very helpful to line the fields more than once per day. I understand some fields will not have equipment to drag fields more than once but a rake and some chalk will go a long way in eliminating issues about foul or fair balls. In ASA tournaments I coached in California the fields were always kept in top condition..or the teams went elsewhere to play.

Trophies are still a hit in the younger age groups but tees work too. Teams and players that work hard all season and finally get that win would like more than a team bat or team trophie to remember it by.

Good competition and a rule against playing a tournament when only a small number of teams sign up will encourage repeat visits.

3. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

just two things:

1) no more plastic!.. give out a t shirt or equipment as previously mentioned

2) not every tournament in the greater Charlotte area. If you are going to play ASA you may as well get used to having to travel like everyone else has done by coming to Charlotte for years with NSA, AAU etc. From a "business" standpoint I don't know if this is the right thing to do but it should seperate the wheat from the chaff.