1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Ask Impact

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Apr 24, 2003.

1. IMPACTBB

IMPACTBB Full Access Member

Brandon White

Tigers -

For me, Brandon White was signed by one of the top junior college programs in the Carolinas. I'm not sure what good it would have done for him to "hold out" until later in the summer.

That's the great thing about junior college baseball. Brandon White can attend Surry CC and play for a great coach in Mark Tucker and transfer to a "bigger" school in 1 or 2 years.

Congratulations to Brandon White and Surry CC.

2. IMPACTBB

Chris Nigro

Mtntop -

I saw Chris Nigro pitch last week. He's not an overpowering guy but he can pitch. He changes speeds with his fastball and mixes in a pretty good deuce.

I know one college program was there to see him pitch that game as well. From what I was told he has already set up a visit with that school.

I have heard Nigro's name bounced around with more than a couple of college coaches I have talked to.

3. IMPACTBB

Jeremy Hollifield

ajax -

Jeremy Hollifield was at our Senior's Showcase at the Hickory Crawdad's Stadium back in November. That day he was lower 80's with a 69 mph curveball.

From what I've been told he is pitching well this season. I'd like to see him pitch this season.

4. ajax

ajax Full Access Member

IMPACTBB, you need to see him pitch because he has already been clocked by scouts/coaches as high as 87mph and I feel that he is throwing that hard or harder. He will pitch for Alexander this Friday (5-2-03) at home..You definelty need to see him..

5. Original

Original Full Access Member

IMPACT......

At the risk of sounding totally goofy......

What exactly did you mean when you wrote " from threadbare to hose "? or was it "hose to threadbare"? when you were describing Kyle Shelton throwing from 3rd? I've asked several of the baseball (self appointed) gurus I know and they all said," I don't know". So I don't feel too silly asking the question. I would think it meant "fast" but I am curious as to what the exact meaning is because it's really bugging me that I don't understand that term. Thanks....

6. IMPACTBB

Hose to Thirdbase

Original -

"Shelton has a hose from thirdbase" is what was typed in the article on www.ImpactBaseball.com

To answer your question, if I did not already, when using the term "hose" I am referring to his arm strength.

A player with a "hose" has good arm strength.

Hope this helps.

7. Original

Original Full Access Member

Thank you IMPACT...I guess I read it too quickly OR I really do NEED to get my glasses changed!

HOSE to third base.....Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks also for taking your time to answer all the questions posted. Keep up the good work!