1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Asst. college coach out recruiting mid-week

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by EastOfRaleigh, Apr 22, 2009.

1. BackwardsK

BackwardsK Junior Member

I would like to make an ammendment to my earlier post, with larger D1s you also have the possibilty of having a coach that only recruits mid to late in the year. They could be a volunteer assistant, or someone that the head guy trusts to make evaluations, kind of like a cross checker with MLB scouts. He goes out and sees a large variety of players and creates a list for the head coach and staff to narrow down when looking at recruiting needs

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I suspect that's it

3. oldbbguy

oldbbguy bullpen

Mid-week question.....

I too have seen college asst. coaches from 2 local acc schools and 1 con. usa team send asst. coaches out on the night of a mid-week game.The first time I saw it was in 2005 at our high school by a team in the top 5 right now.This year a friend of mine has a son who has been looked at by 2 of above memtioned teams on different nights but nights that both colleges had mid-week games(both were top assistants).It is just part of the process now in baseball and will be here to stay.

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

3rd base coach

the situation I am aware of involved a top asst., actually the 3rd base coach, from a major D1 university.