1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Legacy

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Gator_Dad, Jul 18, 2011.

1. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

No gate fees

Would love to see no gate fees! Was at a tournament a few weeks ago where it was $8 a head just to get in the door. Add to that no personal coolers or food and then have to pay their prices for drinks and food/snacks and you could easily spend $30 or more a day. We already pay enough to enter the tournament, hotels, gas, food, etc.

Was in California last week. 100 teams, 4 sites, no gate fees! Entire families were able to see the girls play. And judging from the constant lines at the concession stands and equipment tents, they did just fine...

2. akc70

akc70 Junior Member

Looks like they charged 675.00 per team, at that price it should cover your gate fee.

3. Throwing Heat

Throwing Heat and Catching Heat

Entry Fees

Showcase entry fees have always been in the $550-$700 range. It was REALLY nice not having to deal with gate fees OR cooler issues in Georgia. And I am sure they still made some money at the concessions. There was always a line.
    It was a very well run tournament. Fields were groomed around bases, pitchers mound and batters boxes between games. Another nice feature you don't see in other places.

4. NA_Jacket

NA_Jacket Full Access Member

Hot Times

This tournament was $650 and way overpriced for the value received. Not blaming it all on the tournament directors as its been well documented the city of Florence ties their hands on some things. All the complaints I have seen and heard about this tournament over the years is a reason we don't schedule it and never will unless changes are made. If we play in the Carolina's it will only be with the Cardinal tournaments and ASA of Upstate SC. Also the tournaments at USC Upstate are done well. It would take college coach recommendations for us to change our opinion.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  5. Gator_Dad

Gator_Dad Advanced Member

Hot Times still has a name good enough to draw teams and coaches but they should change the location from florence to columbia or possibly to the new tyger river complex.

if they are going to stay in florence then that tournament will be doomed in 4 more years tops witht he current set up.

I dont mind a $5 gate fee like in rockhill....but $30 bucks is ridiculous. i am quite sure that none of our teams will go to florence for hot times as long as we can go to atlanta

6. UnbiasSoftballFan

UnbiasSoftballFan Full Access Member

Florence= Green Acres

$650 entry fee and $9 gate fee. I swear I thought I saw Mr. Haney and Arnold the pig at the main gate.

7. bugsdad

bugsdad Full Access Member

Mr.Douglas have I got a deal for you!

8. amish

amish Full Access Member

Legacy Showcase

Agree with all, the Legacy showcase was well run and the coaching turn out was impressive. Most of the SEC schools and a number of ACC school in attendance, most represented by head coaches. Says a lot for their respect for the tournament and it's direction.

Congrats to the organizers.

9. Chuteboxhero

Chuteboxhero Junior Member

Before I get ragged on, this is just an observation nothing more. I notice in the NC showcase in Raleigh this weekend that the majority of teams that get to play on NCSU field are out of state teams, some out of state teams actually playing two games back to back at NC State. I know it is not possible for every NC team to get to play on a college field, but it seems that the NC TD would try to take care of the teams that have taken care of him over the years.

10. prklandsoftballdad

prklandsoftballdad Set my brother FREE!!

Look at a different way, maybe he was looking after his loyal teams. It's a showcase...how many college coaches are at NC State other than Coach Navas...at a showcase i would rather play where the coaches are not the "big time" field. JMO