1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bandits Southern Exposure

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softball nut, Sep 10, 2006.

1. cu14

cu14 Junior Member

Crushers

The Crushers went 4-1.

Defeated Maryland Legends 5-4
    Lost to Lady Lightning 5-4
    Defeated Sports Plus 5-0
    Defeated Hampton Road Vipers 3-1
    Defeated Team TFS 8-6

2. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Bandits pool winners

Here's something NC teams can be proud of. I realize that there were more NC teams than other states, but for all pool winners in 18u to be from NC, should say alot bout NC Fastpitch !!!!! Congrats to NC Challengers, Carolina Cobras, NC Flames, Carolina Curve, Carolina Cardinals, The Crushers, & Triangle Lightning. NC Fastpitch is really rockin !!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

3. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Queen City Rockers

The Queen City Rockers a first year 16u program competed in the 18u div. and ended up 2-3 with two of thew losses by a score of 2-1 a pretty good showing for a young 16u team.
    Based on the pitching distance of 43 ft and there being no difference in the way our pitchers performed I think NCHSAA should go to 43ft for HS play.

Pitt County Thunder 0 QCR. 3

NC Challengers 2 QCR 1

Sugar and Spice 5 QCR 6

Back River Surge 10 QCR 5

Trouble Makers 2 QCR 1

It was a great weekend with great weather and good umpires.

4. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Blues

The Blues 18U-A went 4-1 beating the Va Legends 4-2, the NC Flames 5-4, the Eliminators 10-2, the Bandits 8-0, and losing to Challengers 3-1. We hit seven home runs. Not sure I understand how Flames won bracket unless they scored more runs that we did. Started 5 2009's, three 2008, and two 2007, had another 2009 subbing. Hopefully these 2009's will continue to improve so we can stay competitive for a few more years.

16U went 4-1 also with mostly kids moving up form 14U team. Young but pretty good ball players! They were excited about their first Showcase.

Coaches I saw; UNC-W, Auburn, App State, Limestone, Presbyterian, Longwood, Guilford, St Andrews, UNC-P, Phieffer, I know I saw two more schools but the names escape my feeble brain right now.:twocents:

U are right NC teams all played well and we truly enjoyed playing the Flames and Challengers, always great finger biting games. They play U tough but clean.:twocents:

5. softballstar

softballstar Junior Member

Showcase?

I may be wrong, but wasn't this just a showcase tournament? If so why does it matter who won how many games, who won what pool and so forth? In my experiences many teams play kids in different positions and switch lineups around so that they can be seen by the college coaches. Isn't this the main goal of these tournaments. Heck there are even some teams that leave players at home because they don't need to be showcased. It's funny to me to see and hear how so many coaches get caught up in what their record was at a "showcase" tournament. Personally I could care less if a team went 0-5 or 5-0 as long as the kids played well and were able to be seen by the college coaches in attendance. That will go much further than who you beat or didn't beat in a showcase game. Guess that is just my opinion. Gets kind of old watching some of the coaches who are all about winning no matter what type of tournament it is just so they can say we went 5-0 and a showcase. So many trophy hungary coaches who just don't get it!!:banginghe

6. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

I agree with you 100% about the win loss record not being that important to a player being recruited. Although it does help a program and thereby the players to do well in a showcase. If you watch the girls in the dugouts you KNOW that it matters to them as much as if it were a tournament game (they are true competitors) And fans that did not get to see the games like to know how their favorite teams and even their rivals did on any given weekend.
    Besides with the level of talent on todays teams we can play most any girl in two or more positions with no loss of strength.
    As far as throphy hungry coaches I guess you dont realise that at showcase tournaments. it is all pool play and no trophys are awarded to any team.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  7. FalconMom

FalconMom Member

I agree, it's not about the coaches at the showcase. But if you try to take the competitive spirit away from top athletes that play the game, they will lose their edge in a hurry.

8. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Showcase

If U are an established organization like many named here, winning may not be that important! However if U are trying to get your name out there so U can get in the bigger Showcases, U better win! Part of the entry application at Colorado, Dynamites, Plantation, Batbusters is what have U done in showcases, ASA regionals and Nationals, etc. Who have U beaten, so to speak! The Blues try to play all uncommited 2007 kids right now during pool play as they are the ones that need the exposure. We also get the 2008 and 2009 kids in game as much as possible so they can build confidence. To me, U always play to win, U just try to win with all your girls on the roster and not just 9 or 10 as U did in younger years and trophy tourney. To be honest, I do what I think is right for my kids and really don't care what other organizations or teams do. Everyone has an opinion and more often than not it will be different from me so I just don't worry anymore, life is just to short.

9. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Why keep score.....

Well said Rodney......

Winning breeds confidence... Confidence attained through athletics is an important step in feeling good about one's self...

It is a showcase, but they still keep score....
    Play to win!!

10. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

If you were a coach & you had 2 teams to watch, 1 was 0-5, 1 was 5-0, which team are you going to spend more time watching ? Just like was said earlier, the competitiveness keeps you sharp !