1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

baseball 3rd round

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bbfan, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

Final Four from the East

East 4A...Laney, Rose, Apex, Lee (No #1 seed left)
    East 3A...Hunt, E Wayne, Chapel Hill, W Alamance (3 of 4 are #1 seeds)
    East 2A...Farmville, Croatan, Graham, Fairmont (1 of 4 is a #1 seed)
    East 1A...Gates, Dixon, E Columbus, Rosewood? (all 4 are #1 seeds)

2. MC28

MC28 Junior Member

Lights at Porter Ridge

I know for a fact that the coach at AC Reynolds requested a time change. Mallard Creek also requested a time change and the powers that be in the state office explained that time changes are only granted when the visiting team travels over 2 hours. The state even gave South Point and Enka as an example. Well I don't know what map the state is looking at, but AC Reynolds had to travel more than 2 hours and they made them play at 5pm.

As a coach, all we ask for is consistency. If the umpire makes a low strike call, be consistent. If the state is going to make one team get a neutral site due to no lights...make every team that doesn't have lights find a neutral site.

Great win for Porter Ridge, but shame on the state for their lack of consistency.

3. switchhitter

switchhitter Junior Member

got to be the darnest thing I've every heard. not matter what, where, why we are not living in the dark ages. special rules should be put in place to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. no playoff game should ever end before its completed.

4. switchhitter

where is a report from the Eastern Wayne game

5. tools

tools Full Access Member

Wow, sounds like a thriller.

6. tools

tools Full Access Member

Unbelievable in two ways, the game gets called for darkness and that is all the Asheville newspaper could muster up and write.

7. switchhitter

like I said the darnest thing I've ever heard. heads should roll in Chapel Hill. It's time for new leadership at NCHSAA

8. switchhitter

my team had 3 1/2 hour drive Tues and the game was moved to 6pm. guess they moved it because kids had school the next day. boys got home after 1:30am. i can see moving a mid-week game up however our supports had to leave work at 1pm to get to the field by 5:30. wonder if making the seedings after the season is complete instead of using the current rotation system would help. with the number of teams now making the playoffs, I don't see why any team should have a 3+ hour drive during the second round. if 3rd round games are on friday night seems with a little thought the brackets could be set up for extended travel during this round. oh right that would cause for a little thought at the NCHSAA, never mind.

9. Sappgators5

Sappgators5 Junior Member

Game ended 4-2....may have broke some records for balls used in one game. Wet conditions and the most foul balls I have ever seen must have made it a 4-dozen evening for the home team. Also, saw way more coach/umpire "discussions" than normal....just reflecting the intensity of the game. Umpires did a great job and even reversed two calls on themselves after consulting with one another. I was amazed to see a 327 ft sign hanging in the left-center power alley...wow![/quote]

Low & Slow, great recap of the game, but I'd have to disagree with you about the Umpires doing a great job. I believe both groups of Fans and Coaches have the same opinion as myself. The calls behind the plate were wildly inconsistant causing batters and pitchers to get frustrated. Pitches throw right down the middle were called balls and pitches 15" outside were called strikes. That crew is suppose to be the crew calling the State Championship series. I hope they get better before the Finals. Both teams played their hearts out. The umpires shouldn't have to be the focus of the game because of poor play calling and not knowing the strike zone. Unfortunately at this game they were the focus because they were so bad.

10. tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581 Member

Stretchy,
    have you heard a score from South Robeson/Rosewood? I see you have a question mark by them in the eastern semifinals, and can't find their score on any site or message board

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.