1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Baseball Camps

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by LakeNormanFan, Apr 11, 2004.

1. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

:wtf:
    Any summer camps out there that anyone would like to recommend? I'm looking for a good camp for my son that specializes in pitching mechanics. (He is currently in the 10th grade). So far we've considered Clemson, U of North Carolina, U of Tennessee and U of Florida. Thanks!

:confused:

2. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Those are all....

exceptional YET very expernsive! Consider some of the "other" smaller colleges here in NC! They are adequate as well! :applause:

3. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

THE DAD

If your son has specific interest in attending a certain school or several schools it is usually a good idea to attend those camps, so they can know him and he can become familiar with them. Many times schools have preferred weeks where their better prospects seem to there. Having a good feel for the level your son can compete at or asking the coaches you know will help you make good decisions, but certainly you are at the perfect time to get him exposure. Best of luck.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  4. gonzo

gonzo Full Access Member

My son always got a lot out of the camps at Jacksonville University (Jacksonville, FL). Coach Terry Alexander and staff always do a very good job with the boys, and he always learned a ton while he was there. I am not sure who his pitching coach is now, but if it is anyone like Joe Fletcher who was there a couple of years ago you will be happy.

5. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the information.

-LNF