1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Baseball Withdrawls.....

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Dec 28, 2005.

1. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

You think baseball withdrawals are bad, try being the player lol. When you play near 60 games, you think it would take a while, but it goes by so fast. When the offseason comes, it goes by so slow. I have found that there is no greater feeling than the sound of "Play Ball." There is no better day then game day. Even though the offseason is the worse thing ever, it is also one fo the most important times too. Our first game at Louisburg is February 11. So once we get back, we have one month until we start playing. Cant wait to start playing!!!

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Lefty04,,,, enjoy it while your still playing. When you get our age, you still have baseball withdrawals every offseason because we still love just being around the game. Those of us that can't play anymore find ourselves just looking for a practice to go watch, or oiling old gloves just to get that "smell" once again.

3. LClefty04

TJ21, i can't even imagine that kind of cruel world lol. I find myself going to games all the time, I cant get enough of it. I will be the same way you are dont worry. I am just thankful that my lord Jesus has been there for me through this all. I know at any moment all this could be gone. He has kept me in good health. But baseball has been my life and everyday i go out and play a game I am so thankful because there are millions of people who would give up anything to be in that situation.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

...."cruel world"..... :laugh1:

Nah, it ain't that bad,,, if you love the game, you'll simply always be around it, some way shape or form. As you grow older, trust me you lose that desire to run those bases again, you find the same satisfaction watching others do it... :xyzthumbs

Good Luck in school.

5. LClefty04

Oh yea I know what you mean. I will find a way to be around the game until I die. I think my calling will be a coach or personnal pitching coach or something. I will be happy being the the groundkeeper or something, just as long as I am on the ballfield. I dont run the bases, i run long distance and poles lol. Even though right now, I know I wont miss them but 40 years from now I know I will.

6. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

Can I play?

Somebody please call my wife and ask if I can come out and play......

7. LClefty04

Oh man POOR GUY. You have to make excuses, go out and bring her flowers back, so then she forgets everything. We feel for you and we will be praying for you, through these tough times. When the wife has you on lock down, it can get hard for a guy. Best of luck to you, its only about one month until baseball startes, it will get here soon!!!

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

she said OK as long as the life and health insurance was paid up..

9. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

LCLEFTY04, you are a lucky guy. Enjoy your youth and everything that goes with it. Us Old Timer's just wish our bodies would allow us to throw 90+ MPH again. Not going to happen to me any way. That is why we love this game of baseball so much, to watch guys like you play the game, and wonder, what could have been. When I played, we didn't have the camps and such that you guys have today, so enjoy what you have and we (the old farts) will continue to watch and admire the likes of you. :ylsuper:

10. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

God is good. A New Year, good weather and I just got finished throwing some BP in the cage in the the backyard. I think I need to ice my body down though. But for you college guys it's fixing to crank up, and for the High School guys we can now say next month and smile.

:woot: