1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bats

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NVINGS3, Dec 17, 2007.

1. NVINGS3

NVINGS3 Junior Member

Can anyone give advise on a bat that your child has used or someone you know has used. Would especially love to hear from the one's that have tried a bat, didn't like it and got another that they liked or vice-versa and what/why the difference in the 2. In the market for 1 is the reason.

2. Kevin11

Kevin11 Full Access Member

bats.....

My son has an exo (tpx) and he says it is a more balanced bat and has a smaller sweet spot for the baseball to jump off of, but when you hit that sweet spot it is better than any other bat he has used.

He also has a new easton stealth firm flex and it is more end weighted and a little harder to get used to, but it is a more forgiving bat than the exo if you don't hit the sweet spot.

He says the stealth has better carry and lift, but the ball jumps off the exo better.

Now that being said, my son isn't a hitter per se, but he is a decent hitter with a good understanding. Alot of fathers here have sons who are great hitters with alot of power and might see bats differently.

My advice would be let your son try out some of his friends bats so that he can judge what feels good to him and he likes. Bats have changed since we played the game, at least 50 different models and they all have a little different feel, for the money it will cost, make sure he is comfortable with whatever you choose.

3. niknat

niknat Full Access Member

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

BaseballSavings.com

I found the Nike Torque for 106.00 new. The list is 260.00. That includes shipping. The only size they have available at that price is 34-31.

I like the Dynasty by TPX its very durable. Its hard to dent it and it seems to hold up very well.

5. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

The great ones can hit with a broomstick. The weak hitters are not going to be great even when the bat prices reach $1000.

6. LegionPost46

LegionPost46 Full Access Member

easton two-piece bats are my favorite. i think they are the most forgiving as well.

7. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Let him swing a few.

Good bats hard a hard thing to find. Weight, height arm length and age is very important.

8. Dr. Smack

Dr. Smack Junior Member

Some Like Nike, Some Like Easton, Some Like Louisville Slugger. My advice is get one of those. It does not have to be the latest model. Bats are like cell phones, they only keep coming out with the new one's because that's how they make the money. You can get some good deals on the previous models. Not sure what age your son is, but don't get one too big. :book2:

9. LegionPost46

LegionPost46 Full Access Member

blemished bats are quite affordable as well
    i have an easton stealth that somehow got spelled stelth. hits the same. plus you get these inquisitive looks, like i know somethings wrong with that bat, but what is it

10. NVINGS3

NVINGS3 Junior Member

Now that's funny. That can work to your advantage as well. Having your son and others that really don't know think you have a bat specially made with more pop in it.