1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Belmont-Abbey lives another day

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by JM15, May 25, 2009.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Abbey eliminated Grand Valley State this afternoon in Cary. Next up is Mesa State on Wednesday night at 7pm.

2. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I don't need to visit a cardiologist....I got a full heart check-up today. Leading by 4 heading into top of 9th. Gave up 4 with a 5th thrown out at plate. But Abbey plated winning run in bottom of 9th to survive.

5th year Senior Michael Raymond (East Gaston 04 I think) grew a foot in my eyes today. That kid threw a gem, shuting Grand Valley out for 8 innings with 13 K's. Our bullpen stubbed their toe....but they'll get redemption Wednesday. 6 teams left...What a ride!

3. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Abbey eliminates Mesa St. University tonight with a 7-2 score

Thursday:
    3pm Emporia State (2-0) vs UC-San Diego (1-1)

7pm Lynn (2-0) vs Belmont Abbey (1-1)

If Lynn and Emporia both win, then there will be no games on Friday and they will play for the title at 12pm on Saturday.

4. iowa

iowa Full Access Member

Final Four

Who ever thought a underfunded baseball team from a small DII conference could end up in the final four. I am just in awe of the job this coaching staff has done. I know that it is also a group of young men who don't know the word quit. It is inspiring to see the accomplishments that this program continues rack up this season. Good luck and continue to fight.

5. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Pitching...at every level it's the name of the game, isn't it? Andrew Morton threw a complete game...7 hits 9 K's and 1 BB. Mesa St (Colorado) had a TEAM batting average of .383!! Holy Crap! But Morty shoved it and the team supported. Abbey's staff is as good or better than any we've faced in the post season. What a dream ride.

6. JM15

JM15 Moderator

I have become an instant Abbey fan. I also had the chance to meet Coach Smith before the game. Can't wait for the meeting Thursday night with Lynn.

7. legionguy17

legionguy17 Full Access Member

If you know anything about Lexington, L-D Post 8, or Belmont Abbey baseball, was there any doubt Andrew Morton was gonna shove it tonight? And that he did.

8. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

Belmont Abbey in the Final 4

What a game Andrew Morton threw last night going the full 9 innings to save the Abbey staff for today's game and hopefully beyond. He got great run support and they played some great team ball behind.

Great Job guys!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

9. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

10. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

now its backed up to an 11 pm start.........