1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best 18U team in NC?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Dukedog4, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

OK. Now that I have your attention I need your help. We're about half way thru the summer. I'd like to compile standings for the "Carolina 18U Fastpitch A League". Of course it doesn't exist but let's create a virtual league. I'm thinking we'll include the following teams: L Blues, R Cardinals, M Cardinals, C Challengers, Cougars, R Rage, Lookouts, Cobras, NC Flames, SC Flame & Curve. I have no idea which of these teams have played each other or what the scores were but someone out there does. If those people will post the scores of games played BETWEEN these teams up to now and thru the end of July I will figure out the standings. I'm not out to prove any point and I have no "dog in the hunt". My DD's aged out. I realize this will not "prove" anything . . . not trying to. Just thought it might be interesting and help me cope with my "travel ball withdrawal".

2. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

ASA State

I believe after this coming weekend at the ASA State in Cary,NC you might get your answer.With the exception of Rage, & SC Flames , I believe most of the other teams are at Cary.Alot of those games will be whoever makes a mistake, or who's hot this weekend.You still have to put the R Cardinals, & L Blues on the top. But that just means the pressures more on them.Good Luck to everyone this weekend, & I hope it will be a safe one!

3. softballstar

softballstar Junior Member

Best Teams

I would have to say the Lady Blues and Cardinals are still by far the two on top. They both went out to Colorado and represented well especiall with the Lady Blues winning their tournament.

I don't think you can put a whole lot of stock into this weekends state tournament because the Blues already have a birth for Nationals I can see them giving some others players a chance to play.

Rumor also has it that the Curve lost a great pitcher and possibly another.

Good luck to the Cardinals this weekend, get that National Birth!

4. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

If a team wins the tour. that already has a berth, cannot the berth be passed on to next team ? If this is case, I believe the Blues will be out to win it all. This is not a showcase, this is playing for the State Championship.This would be good to put on that resume .Have heard same rumors.Will be interesting to see how effected teams will be this weekend.

5. Biggies_Mom

Biggies_Mom Full Access Member

Thats a bunch of hog wash! The Lady Blues will play to win regardless if they have a berth or not. This ASA State is a tourney not a showcase for all to be seen. They have a great team but I agree with NUT that this will be a test to see who is the best in the State. Good Luck Lady Blues, Cardinals, and most of all CC Challengers!

And yes the rumors are true, the Curve did lose a great pitcher; she went to a great team where she will shine even more.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  6. softballstar

softballstar Junior Member

Yes the birth does trickle down if someone who is already qualified gets the birth. So the Blues and Challengers have births already so this will allow a chance for someone else to get it. With the Cardinals probably the heavy favorite to do so.

Roster changes will be interesting this weekend, being it is an ASA state tournament I hope teams picking up player go through proper channels!

7. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

Channels?

Am I missing something? What "channels" might you be referring to other than adding or deleting a player from your teams' roster with the required documentation of that players age etc?

8. Dukedog4

Post scores?

As I stated in my first post I'm really not trying to declare any team the best. I would like to see the scores though if people are willing to post them. I know some of these teams played each other some already this season (in Ray's early bird). I have no interest in creating controversy. Can someone post the schedule for the state ASA? I would love to see some games. Thanks.

9. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Has any one seen a bracket yet for the ASA States?

10. Dukedog4

Pitching Distance?

What's the pitching distance for the ASA states. I'm thinking 40'. If so, I think this bodes better for one of the obvious favorites than the other but I'll not say anymore.