1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best 18U team in NC?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Dukedog4, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Biggies_Mom

Biggies_Mom Full Access Member

ASA State Pitching Distance

I believe the pitching distance will be 43' for the ASA State. That's what I was told a couple of weeks ago. The brackets won't be posted until tomorrow, 7/5/06, I'm told. :twocents:

2. softballstar

softballstar Junior Member

I would think it would be at 40' since all ASA qualifiers and ASA Nationals will be at 40'. It wouldn't make sense to me why the ASA state would be at 43'.

3. bubba hut

bubba hut Bubba Hut

NC teams on the rise

I think we should all keep in mind that it as much our area as it is one team. There are several great teams in the Carolinas and we as a group
    are all going to benefit from the results of our area teams improved play,
    especially in the high profile tournaments. It makes a great statement that
    the Blues and Cardinals do well out west as it does the same that the Challengers won up North. On any given day any one of a dozen teams can beat each other. The most important thing to note is ,that now, or soon, the college coaches will see that these Carolina girls can play with any one in the country.
    :twocents:

4. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

:agreed:
    Very well said, that is what is so great about the game.These Carolina teams are making a huge statement ! Congrats to all !

5. wolf2

wolf2 Junior Member

Well Said for NC girls

:agreed:
    Totally agree..... instead of pitting NC teams and attitudes against one another, it is great to see support for ALL the girls that play nationwide and look impressive. On any given day, one team can rise above another. I find it nice to play teams from other areas of the country because as we go through high school & tourn. ball, we tend to play against each other so much anyway. Good luck to all teams headed to the state as well as the nat'l tourn.

6. BEEN-THERE-DONE-THAT

BEEN-THERE-DONE-THAT Junior Member

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE STAE IN CARY THIS WEEKEND. THIS IS WHO I THINK ARE THE FAVORITES TO WIN.

1 CARDINALS HAVE ALOT TO PLAY FOR DO NOT HAVE THERE BID FOR THE NATIONALS YET.

2 BLUES HAVE THE TALENT BUT ALREADY HAVE A BID

3 TIE FOR 3RD COBRAS ARE A YOUNG BUT A LOT OF TALENT
    CURVE ALSO VERY TALENTED
    BOTH TEAMS FATE WILL DEPEND ON HOW FAR THERE
    PITCHING CAN LAST

5 CHALLENGERS GOOD TALENT DEPEND ON THERE CHEMISTRY WITH NEW PLAYERS COMING IN.

JUST MY OPINION FEEL FREE TO LIST YOUR CHOICES ALSO

7. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Don't Forget The Other Age Brackets !!!

I think all the teams in the ASA State are representing N.C. @ it's best..and to answer the question about the distance from the mound to the plate it's 40', I asked the director already and he confirmed 40'....how about the younger girls?? :ylsuper: I think you have underestimated the Carolina Cobras they have always given a hundred percent, it wouldn't surprise me if they win it all..even though I favor the BLUES !!!!

Softball Guru

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  8. Biggies_Mom

Biggies_Mom Full Access Member

ASA State Champs!

Yes, I agree that the Cobras have some young talent and have a chance to win, but I think any of the teams listed above could win. It will depend on pitching and which group of girls show up to play. It seems as if the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome comes into play with some of these tourneys. You never know who will show up to play; take a look at the first two tourneys/showcases the Lady Blues and Curve were in; they didn't get very far or didn't have a good record. The Challengers have been consistent; if they are hot they could win it all. The Lady Blues are on a roll though with the big win in Colorado. Well, Good Luck to them all; it will be fun to watch this weekend.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  9. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Showcase

True Showcase tourneys that have no winners are not a good gauge of a team's strength. When we have enough players available, we do not play our signed kids during Showcase pool play. All the teams in this field are capable of winning the tourney and I hope it will be a well played very competitive tournament. The Challengers are a good team and I am happy for the success U are having this year. Good luck this week and in Nationals in August. It will be a great experience for your 2006 and 2007 kids that have not been before.

10. Ole FP Scout

Ole FP Scout Full Access Member

ASA State

Results from the weekend
    1. Cards Chandler
    2. CC Challengers
    3. Cobras
    4. Curve