1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

BEST COACH IN THE STATE ???????

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by SPYGATE 1, Sep 26, 2008.

1. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

AGREED!!!

2. jellybean18

jellybean18 Junior Member

Monte Sherrill, Mike Lambros, and Gene Poindexter

3. howwilluberemembered

howwilluberemembered Junior Member

Monte Sherrill, Charlie Blackwelder, and Thad Fox :)
    hands down.

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome howwilluberemembered to this board rocks softball forum...

5. Gatorback

Gatorback Full Access Member

:trophy:AND THE WINNER IS? There are alot of great coaches out there. However to me there is more to this than just wins and loses. These two coaches to me are what being a great coach is all about. I have been lucky enough over the last few years to watch alot of games and speak to alot of great fans who love the sport of fastpitch softball. I have had the pleasure to sit down and speak to both of these guys and alot of there parents and the one thing they will tell about these two guys is they teach the game the right way and that they teach the game of life after softball as well. When I watch their teams play the first thing you notice is the respect that their players have for the game and for the team they are playing that day. No bragging , no thrash talking and always focused on the task at hand. When you hear or read something about their teams it is always about the players and not about themselves their records or how I did this or I did that. Thats why if I had a DD playing the game today I would want them to play for coaches like Gene Poindexter @ Central Davidson or Derrick Hill @ East Surry. These guys are a true class act with a stong passion for the love of the game, but more important for the love of their kids and the communities they live in.:iagree: Here is to two of the Best out there today.

6. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Don't Forget !!

The thread doesn't say which state...this is a National Forum...so there are people believe it or not that have never heard of the forementioned coaches !!!

Guru

7. ChiliDAWG

ChiliDAWG Full Access Member

Eat some Rice

Guru,
    I'm astonished and ashamed that you didn't mention "Billy" better known today as "Wilson" (as in tom hanks movie "Castaway"). You should truly "Show the Love" - just my humble opinion.
    What the heck do I know anyhow, think I'll go out to eat... wanna go along? Going to a Japanese place... gonna have some sushi and a big plate of rice.....

8. Gatorback

Gatorback Full Access Member

:rolleyes4: Guru I can't agree more. However since the first post of this thread stated in the state of NC I thought everyone was on the same page. Maybe thats why all the other coaches mention in the previous threads are from Florida , Texas and Arizona. LOL :drive:

9. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

It Doesn't Matter !!

LOL !!!!! Got me,unless somebody added N.C., you can edit these threads !!!

10. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

As popular as most of the coaches mentioned are, all anyone in the world has to do is google their name to find out who they are.