1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best HS football rivals...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by smashmouth5, Feb 4, 2003.

1. USC-IPTF

USC-IPTF Full Access Member

ya, one of travis' td's was against rock hill cornerback jonathon hemby who is headed to tennesse. hopefully the result will be similar when they meet in the sec later in their careers.

as for malloy, i remember when they signed him. i believe he had a ligament injury or something and was forced to redshirt last year but yeah he will be a force on the o-line. he was part of a very impressive o-line class that year along w/stephen sene and jabari levey, two sc products who are both 6'6"ish and +300 lbs. usc's offensive line should be very very good for the next several years. i think malloy will be a guard and if he's as good as i've heard he will be playing this year for sure. he is HUGE.

2. footballguy

footballguy Junior Member

The freedom east burke game is called fat friday. it is a great high school rival game. both teams attend a banquet befor the game where they have had many great speakers. fat friday is not only the biggest sporting event in the county but the biggest event of any kind. the game as grown into more than a athletic contest. it is a time when all of burke county comes together. during an elction year it looks like a polictical rally. the rivalry is good natured but intense. however, freedom has won six times in a row which is a record and that has changed the rivalry a little. the game also collects thousands of cans of food for the food bank here. just about every fan brings a one can of food to the game. in short this rivalry is special and hopfully can continue to be

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

They does. It's at Ashbrook.:)

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

you from Albemarle?? or Thomasville?

5. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

FAT FRIDAY!! EAST BURKE and FREEDOM!! Nothing like it!

6. Garnet_and_Gold

Garnet_and_Gold The Master of Disaster!

I have to give the award to Fat Friday. It's unique. Sorry BigRed, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Cavs win one...just to put some extra "zing" into the series. Freedom has dominated lately. Of course, since we have our own little rivalry with EB, I understand the need to keep 'em down! lol
    :chair:

www.tornadopride.com

7. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

Win one, no no no, never again. But I wish Freedom and Hickory would start back playing again. Used to have some pretty good games with Hickory back in the good old days!

8. Garnet_and_Gold

Garnet_and_Gold The Master of Disaster!

9. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

I hope when the relalignment comes hickory will come back into our conference or we can get them on our schedule some how.

10. bigboy20

bigboy20 Junior Member

North Meck Vs. Vance