1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best HS football rivals...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by smashmouth5, Feb 4, 2003.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Better chance of Crest ending up back in the NW4A, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hickory come with them.

2. Garnet_and_Gold

Garnet_and_Gold The Master of Disaster!

Yup, I'd love to see Crest and Hickory both return to NW4A. Some of my fellow Tornado people would disagree, but I personally believe that the NW4A is the most appropriate place for Hickory to be. Crest, too. I can't stand being associated with the likes of St. Stephens, Fred T. Foard and R-S Central. I have great respect for Burns and Kings Mountain, but those other three schools are nothing but pathetic - at least in football, which is what we're talking about here.

I think that when realignment happens, T.C. Roberson will move up to 4A, which will most likely cause the powers that be to move A.C. Reynolds back into the MAC and have that conf. be a 4A/3A conference like it used to be. Then Crest will return to the NW4A and it will look exactly the way it did for most of the '90s. There's a remote chance that Hickory's enrollment will push it back into 4A, but I doubt it. For that to happen, Hickory would have to see its ADM increase by at least another 150-200 students...and several current 4A schools would have to see a drop in enrollment. I can think of at least one 4A school that is dropping down immediately - South Iredell - but I'm not completely sure how many others will. Plus, there are already several 3A schools that are bigger than Hickory which will probably move up - Crest, Roberson, Ashbrook, East Gaston, East Rowan, Jay Robinson, Dudley, etc.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Big South Conference in realignment. Ashbrook and East Gaston will definitely move up to 4A. East Lincoln will definitely move down to 2A. That leaves Hunter Huss, South Point, North Gaston and Forestview. Obviously, that group needs to be kept together, but will the NCHSAA move other teams (Kings Mountain? Burns?) into the conference to build it back up? Or will they move the group into another conference? When Crest moves back to 4A, will the NCHSAA just leave the SWFoothills Conf. the way it is, just with one less member? Or will they move somebody in to take Crest's place. If Hickory has to stay in the conference that it's currently in, I'de like to see Crest replaced by Shelby. But there would have to be a very significant shift in enrollment for Shelby to get back into 3A - probably at Crest's expence - which would keep Crest in 3A!

In the end, though, I've got a feeling that teams are going to wind up in conferences that look very much like they did prior to 2001. I just wish that Hickory, SSHS and Foard were not a packaged set... The rest of Catawba county hates on Hickory repeatedly...they never wanted to be in a conference with the Red Tornadoes anyway and I'd just as soon pretend that none of them exist! :bird6: :bird6: :bird6:

http://www.tornadopride.com

3. titanfan

titanfan Member

I think North Meck and Hopewell are bigger rivals now than NM & Vance.

4. Crest/UNC/Panthers

Crest/UNC/Panthers Full Access Member

CREST-SHELBY!

I am suprised no one has mentioned the oldest and second longest running rivalry Shelby-Kings MT!!!!

formerly:crest1983

5. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Mooresville - Statesville
    Just renewed rivalry as both are now in the NPC 3A. This one goes back many years.

6. Big O

Big O Junior Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Big O
    Albemarle/Thomasville without a doubt. Always the last game of the regular season and usually for the conference title.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you from Albemarle?? or Thomasville?

:D Albemarle all the way

Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  7. FHS03

FHS03 Junior Member

FAT FRIDAY!!!! There is nothing that compares to it. I have had the privilage of playing in it for the past two years. That is the most exciting game I have ever been a part of. That was the most excited I have ever been. I had a little extra to play for considering I was playing my cousin. I have seen many great games, but I don't think nothing compares to Freedom/East Burke.

8. Southern_Crunk

Southern_Crunk Y'all ain't ready!!

Somewhere Near Baghdad...still being Treal.
    Wolverine...

That Westover / 71st game is still a rival....LOL

Both have been at the bottom of the Mid-Southeastern lately, battling for who will get the first draft pick......

It is a big game though...

9. Southern_Crunk

Southern_Crunk Y'all ain't ready!!

Somewhere Near Baghdad...still being Treal.
    Byrd vs Southview
    Richmond vs Scotland

Lately.....the Hoke County / Westover game has got'n a little heated. Westover is improving with the new coaching staff.

10. THE TRUTH DETECTOR

THE TRUTH DETECTOR Full Access Member

The Richmond/Scotland is the best in the state.The WC/Richmond games were intense.The Indy/Richmond rival is brewing but Indy wont play Richmond during the regular season.Knotts finds all kinds of excuses.I also think the Crest/Richmond games were good games.After the double overtime loss to Richmond,Crest QUIT playing Richmond.They instead get more pumped up playing Anson County.