1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best HS football rivals...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by smashmouth5, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Stat Boy

Stat Boy Junior Member

Rivals

I couldve sworn this post said best rivals not conference realignment....maybe I need to check my eyes again. Who cares what happens when realignment happens next year - we have the 2003 season to worry about. While everyone is worried about moving Crest and Hickory out of the best conference in western North Carolina, Southwestern Foothills, I think both teams should look at their schedule...Hickory needs to watch Sept 19th and Oct 17..the teams are referred to around here as...Crest and Burns....Crest you need to pay attention to the Dawg House in Lawndale because just like last year - the Dawgs are out to bite! So before we move this team there and that team there lets keep our eyes focused on the 2003 season and worry about realignment...say after Chirstmas! The only way I understand that Crest is even a 3A school is because they took a head count when everyone was out with the flu. If you check student enrollment - I do believe they are well into the 4A population.
    So now - what I came to say about the best HS football rivals....yes u have the Battle of Buffalo Creek, and Shelby/Crest but here the past couple of years the 3A Game of the Year has been between.......the Bulldogs and the Chargers....Once again this year, it will remain the 3A Game of the Year outside of the playoffs! Signed - Stat Boy!

2. Mtntop

Mtntop Junior Member

Watauga vs. Avery much different than the usual rivalry game. Students from Watauga prepare for that game usually on the Monday before they play. you'll see nothing but camo on their campus. The battle of the WATER BUCKET.

3. StarStud75

StarStud75 Junior Member

Richmond vs. Anson County