1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best JV's In Sw and NW4A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NC Baseball 44, Apr 17, 2007.

1. NC Baseball 44

NC Baseball 44 Member

your opinions on the top jv teams in the NW and SW4A

2. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

NW4A

Watauga - Handed what some would call the best jv team in the state, West Forsyth their only loss of the season (17-1), split with South Caldwell, beat Mt Tabor, lost 5 games this year by a total of 6 runs ... the only one they lost by two was in 10 innings with North Davidson. High expectations... so far havent been let down very much. Swing the sticks very well... have 7 team homeruns from 4 different people. Excellent pitching, Ace can pump it up to the mid 80's with a great slider. Have about 6 relief pitchers. Fielding is sometimes shaky but usually made up for with the sticks.

South Caldwell - Very good ace (i think his last name is poarch, not sure though?), can throw it mid 80's with a good curveball. Very good fielding, beat Watauga 1 out of 2 games. Hitting has shown that it can show up sometimes but can also turn out to hurt them badly at times. Both games they have lost in conference have been shutouts.

AC Reynolds - Very good hitting team. Decent ace, not quite as good as the other two teams from my opinion. Scrappy team, fielding can get to them but is usually pretty good. Beat Watauga at Watauga 7 to 6 in 7 innings.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  3. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Wossa, don't say anything. Don't jinx us. Walk the walk. Let's finish the season. :)

4. baseballislife10

Im aware Ragsdale i think the team your hinting is undefeated... and i believe so is crest... both great teams from what i hear which is why i said what some would consider west forsyth being the best jv team in the state. I cant speak for Ragsdale or Crest because i havent seen them play. I watched West Forsyth play and can say they were very solid pitching and hitting wise especially for a jv team. I would have to say they would be a top 5 for the JV teams in the state if not number 1. Good luck to all.

5. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

The best JV team in the SW4A is by far Weddington as they are undefeated and around 12-0. They have already taken out Providence twice and I can't imagine them losing a game at this point.

6. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

West Forsyth is very talented. I've watched or my son has played with several of those kids in travel ball. All great guys and good players. I'm always pulling for them.

7. baseballislife10

Thanks for the info... so throw Weddington in there... the top team in the
    SW4A is always a sure vote to be ranked somewhere in the top ten... so we have Ragsdale, Crest, Weddington, Watauga, and West Forsyth... We have already seen what happened when Watauga matched up vs West Forsyth out of conference with Watauga beating them 9-2 pretty one sided. What would some predictions be if these 5 had a tournament. Give me who would finish first through fifth. Your thoughts...?

8. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

JV teams

I would have to agree with Weddington being very good!! They are and I seriously doubt they will lose a game this year. This team is filled with sophs and freshman. There are no juniors (as I have been corrected).

Next year though, I have heard that when the new Marvin High School opens in Union county, the entire JV team will be going there. Anyone know more about this?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  9. ucbball

ucbball Junior Member

There are no juniors on the Weddington JV team.

10. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

On what basis are you determining your top 5 jv teams in the state? Have you seen any teams in the triangle, or the east? Southeast Halifax jvs are undefeated. Would they belong in the top 5? JH Rose is undefeated as well. Where would they fall?