1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best JV's In Sw and NW4A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NC Baseball 44, Apr 17, 2007.

1. WYLIE00

WYLIE00 Junior Member

Weddington JV

Weddington has never had any JR on J.V they have 2 Freshman that play on varsity that have gone down and played some JV this year as well as one soph. thats it. To my knowledge there are only 6 of the 17 JV players going to Marvin Ridge, they will be returning most of the JV as well as all underclassmen on varsity.

2. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

cant say much for southeast halifax.... JH Rose would most likely be in the top 10... im judging by what conferences usually put them in the top 5 alot, i mean i know that there is a big difference between the jv and varsity teams but these are the programs usually up there by the time they get to varsity so thats the only real thing you have to compare them to... with providence in the SW4A... they are usually always in the top 5 to 10... so i figure the winner of that conference will most likely be a top 5 or so pick whicfh is where you get weddington. In the NW4A... the leader in that conference is almost always in the top 10 for instance AC Reynolds, South Caldwell... also Mt Tabors conference this year is pretty tough.... North Davidson beat east rutherford which is a very good ball team... so i figure the winner there would have a say in the top 10 or 5 spot which is where you get west forsyth.... when it comes to crest and ragsdale i can only go by what i hear... i have been keeping up with crest... and from what ive seen they have mowed down some pretty good teams with ease.... ragsdale also has won a bunch of tight ball games and knows how to finish it out. Im sure southeast halifax is very solid especially if they are undefeated. They are just unknown and i havent seen them in the top 10 alot for 4a baseball. I would love just as much as anyone else if all the JVs got to have a state tourney but all we can do is talk about it because it wont happen. Hope they continue to win and keep posting updates on them!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  3. NC Baseball 44

NC Baseball 44 Member

Has Poarch pitched against yall?

4. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

JV rankings

totally impossible and unfair to rate JV teams in this state. for one there is very little public information on most of the teams and second with the varsity teams able to take any and all frosh and sophs that are studs as well as some varsity teams that have to take any JV players that can play just to fill out a roster, then what is left is an unfair basis to qualify all teams for one ranking. just my food for thought opinion.

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

that's one of the things that is so impressive about the Ragsdale JV this season. 15-0 with two freshmen starting in the field for the varsity ( and tearing it up), two sophs and two freshmen pitching alot of varsity innings and another soph behind the plate. Once the JV moves up to play varsity with these guys they are going to be hard to beat.

Now I better sign off before one putt beats me :50:

6. baseballislife10

I believe thats who it was our second game... you will have to ask Seminolebaseball7 he was there and is good friends with the kid... Very good and very respected. This kid can bring it and trust me you dont want to have to deal with his curveball... jump on first pitch fastballs and if you dont get it sit on fastball and adjust.

7. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Stretchlon makes a good point. Kids move up and down the roster. We have had 5 freshman play varsity, 2 start at varsity and 2 play a decent amount. And 2 more soph's start at varsity.

Wossa, you're right. They just go play the game. They let their game do the talking.

8. baseballislife10

That is a good point Strechlon... thanks for the insight.

9. NC Baseball 44

NC Baseball 44 Member

I believe that his name is cody penny

10. baseballislife10

Thats who it is! thankyou for the help.. i was having a little trouble haha... but yes utmost respect to cody penny... kid has some great stuff... watch out for him in a couple of years as a very good varsity pitcher.