1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best JV's In Sw and NW4A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NC Baseball 44, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Prov pitching did hold Watauga to 2 or 3 hits so the sticks were silenced. What happened in the 7th inning is part of the game and could have easily have happened to Prov but it didn't. It happened to Watauga and thats a W for the Panthers.

2. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

You're right. Watauga did not hit well at all off that pitcher. He kept them off balance for 7 innings and when they did hit him it was right to people. There are no excuses for the loss. Watauga's defense could not finish the game like the other 5 or 6 of their losses. You'll never be a great team if you can't buckle down in crunch time. I think in all of Watauga's losses, they were lost in the 7th inning or later. Providence won the game fair and square. They got their bunts down when they needed to and their defense executed. Hats off to them.

3. hit400

hit400 Junior Member

South Meck beat providence the second time around, 6-2, and swept myers, 9-0 and 8-5. South has only lost 3 games in conference. Providence has lost 4 and myers has lost at least 3 maybe 4. By the numbers right now South should be in second place.

4. heels77

heels77 Junior Member

South Meck JV's

Braves

South Meck's program has taken a lot of criticism, on this Board and elsewhere, this year. But the performance of their JV team this year is, indeed, an encouraging sign for the future. I believe they are currently second in the conference, and they have done this with most of their top sophomore players not even playing JV, as most of those sophs have played varsity for a majority of the year. So, as I look at the 09/10 talent pool in the SW4A, I think South will be competitive again in the next couple of years. I think they will be much improved next season, for numerous reasons, and I expect them to compete again as a top tier conference team in a couple of years.

5. anotherspartanfan

anotherspartanfan Full Access Member

South Caldwell JV's

I would like to take a moment and recognize the JV team at South Caldwell. They are 15-2 on the season and because the Varsity gets so much recognition, the JVs sort of get lost in the shadows. These are a great bunch of guys with a lot of talent. They have 2 top pitchers, Cody Poarch and Cody Penny who have played together for at least 8 years and keep each other motivated to be at the top of their game. Aaron Bentley and Jonathon Coffey are both outstanding pitchers who didn't get as much time on the mound this year but will make next year's Varsity extremely deep in pitching. I must include Tyler Bumgarner, a freshman pitcher, who has come in to close several games and done a fantastic job. They have a great catcher, Brock Woodie, who is tough as nails and has quite a gun. Dalton Hall, 3rd baseman has had a HOT bat, wish I knew his stats. Gage Stiles, 1st base, has saved us many times as any good 1st baseman is needed to do, great stretching and great heads up on plays. Our outfield, Poarch, Cody Reid, Hunter Tucker, Jerrod Melton all have the speed to get it done. Reid, a freshman, covers centerfield as good as any I have ever seen and a great bat(lead-off). We have a few freshman starting due to a plague of injuries this year, but they are experienced players and have risen to the occasion.
    With these guys plus Messer, South's Varsity will continue to be #1 next year and beyond!!
    Good luck Friday guys!! Bring home the conference title.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  6. my60609

my60609 Member

I know for a fact that South Caldwell's JV aren't undefeated, Watauga beat them at home 6-0 to open conference play.

7. anotherspartanfan

anotherspartanfan Full Access Member

My bad I knew that. I was counting games, came up with 17, knew we lost 2 to get the 15, brain lapse. Sorry.

8. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

This team didn't not play well at the start of the season, then around game 4 or 5 they kicked it into another gear. Should be a big time contender in 09 & 10. With the hitting that this team has and the pitching that they will have, it should be a fun time at SM again.
    :yes:

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks heels....that has me pumped. I quit posting in the SM threads because I didn't want to associate anymore with all the drama. If you ever looked back at my posts, the only concern I voiced is the lack of commitment to the program by the coach. Now that he has committed all of his attention to next year's team, I'm on his side. I firmly believe for a team to compete against the top tier teams in the SW4A, you must have a coach devoted to that goal. I'm glad he is on board, I'm glad that the talent pool appears exciting and I'm looking forward to following the Sabres for years to come.

10. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I know Ragsdale is not in those conferences but before you annoint all these other teams you may want to give them a thought. They finished the season 19-0 with 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores playing significantly on varsity along with another freshman catching a couple of games. Just something to think about.