1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best Matchup in 4A West?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bassfishing, May 11, 2008.

1. wfufan13

wfufan13 Banned From TBR

As a parent of a former Eagle Bomber, i must say that Swab, Dull, and Scotty do a great job of planning off-field events. One time my son got invited to a sleep-over at the swabs, and he said it was amazing. All they did was bond. They ate dinner, play video games, and even slept together. Overall, it was a great team experience. This carries from off the field to on the field.

Swab, a dirty bat, hit great singles all day.
    Scotty, a great 1st baseman, takes advantage of every opportunity given.
    Dull, a great swinger, will sacrifice one for the team and bunt with the best!

these three guys affected my sons life tremendously....

they should all three be commended for their efforts

2. GoEagles1

GoEagles1 Junior Member

With what you are speaking on I completely agree. Those three did a great job of welcoming my son to the Eagles family. My son was often forgetful, but even as he forgot his jock, pants, or even socks, these guys were there to let him use anything of theirs. Anytime these guys were bored they could rely on each other for excitement. They even allowed my son to join them to prom and a post-prom slumber party just for the guys. I appreciate all they did for him, but unfortunately, they had a big fight and haven't spoken since.

3. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

Ok, I have got to ask. What does this guy throw that Watauga would not have seen this year? Your talking about the team that has played the toughest schedule in NC.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  4. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

I think Watauga knows exactly what they are going to see. When East played Northwest Guilford for the Metro Championship, Coach Hardee and some of his team was in attendance and saw Dickerson pitch. Now I think Dickerson might give them some trouble because I know Watauga can flat out hit a fastball and Dickerson has a decent curve that he will have to throw for strikes and throw often for the Eagles to have a good chance. I see this as a ballgame that is going to be won on the defensive side and the team that has the fewest amount of walks could walk away winners and moving to the 3rd round. Anything that the Eagles do from this point forward is a bonus as The Winston-Salem Journal had this Eagles team as a team that was "re-building". 20-5 for a rebuilding year is pretty stinking good if you ask me especially when you start 3 seniors.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow, the playoffs bring out the testosterone. There are some mighty big games this round.

What I would be looking for are the teams that have players that "love" the pressure....they step up when the pressure is on. If you have a team that starts making critical errors at key moments...they are not ready or experienced for these type games.

The intensity level has just been turned up; If you are a player, are you ready?!!!!

Good luck to all the teams. This will be fun!

6. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

Time out!

I reread my message and it does come off a little intense. It was not meant that way when written. I was honestly asking about Dickerson. Eagles answered my question- He has a good curve that he hits spots with. Honestly that could give Watauga a little trouble because they are a hard hitting fastball team. They have seen some of the best this year. Should be a great game!!

7. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

LET THE SAND BAGGING BEGIN

Itslife :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

8. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

itslife...The Eagles ace Ryan Dull threw round one and he is a hard throwing righty and I think Watauga might have given him problems if he tried to blow them away with fastballs and I think he would have had to use his curve and change a lot...Shane is a sophomore and has really stepped up this year on the mound. He's thrown in 2 big games, he threw well against West Forsyth and only gave up 3 runs in the Conference Championship game to a very good Northwest Guilford team. Tonight is going to be a great ball game and I'm pumped about it and I'm not even playing!!