1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bliss new coach at West Henderson

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by bigdan, Apr 7, 2006.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

WLOS TV just showed Robbie Bliss as the new coach at West Henderson High School. So much for becoming an assistant principal at East Burke...

2. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

And so much for Lloyd "Im not resigning, and dont plan on it (Although Im eventually gonna be fired)" Church getting that job. That would have been a good fit for him...But they probably figured out what alot of us know in that he's had talent, but isn't getting the job done.

I've known Rob for a couple of years, and he's a good coach and a great person. When I was working with The News Herald, he was very helpful and generous with anything I needed to know and use to help promote East Burke athletics. With his success at East Burke and the returning class at West Henderson, good things are in store for him. Good Luck, Coach.

3. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

4. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Bliss all-time record is 160-72 according to the Asheville paper. I think Bliss has only spent about 10 or so years in the coaching profession. He started off at Brevard for three seasons and then took the East Burke job where he was coach for about 7 seasons.

5. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Add another name to the resigned list of nw4a coaches. South Caldwell's Jeff Crisp resigned according to the Lenoir News Topic today

6. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

No one in their right mind will want that job.

7. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

I never come on here and bash anyone and I'm not now but honestly we haven't had a quality boys coach since Absher. There is a lot of talent coming back to SC next year and if the Adm. will go out and find a good talented coach he will be welcomed and supported just as our girls coach is

8. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Good luck with that. SC's admin is going to need it.

9. titan90

titan90 titan90

He may be a good coach but his teams show poor sportsmanship and he has no class. This was proven when MHS beat them in the conference championship and he allowed one of his players to accept an award without his shirt on and his shorts half down showing his butt crack. Then to top it off they left the court before MHS received there tourney trophy. If you get beat take it like a man and show some class.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  10. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

If that's the case, he must have learned alot about not having any class from Lloyd Church, that crude wrote the book on no class. Coach Bliss can get quite charasmatic and energetic in his coaching style, but that's Bliss.

However, titan90....They dont hire you on your level of class....It's what you can do with your teams, and Bliss and his teams have done well in the past 10 years.