1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

BOONE OUT AT AC

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by inthathead, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Big "A"

Big "A" Member

CFBall, I couldn't agree with you more..But, things don't work that way at ACHS. They like to bring people in from out of town.

2. Fireball's My Hero

Fireball's My Hero Junior Member

Rob Bliss is the man. Would he even consider coming? :banana:

3. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

got our man!

welp.. just i would let u all know.. we have found our guy.. hes from a school up in WV... when he was in college at UNC Chapel Hill he served as a manager under Dean Smith and so he has seen alot of the way things go in the game... I do have this to say... Things are gonna continue to only get better at AC for me and everyone else that goes there and is involved with athletics... The boys basketball program has picked up a great coach and great asset to the community and team. just thought i would let ya'll know and put all the names going around to rest...

GO AC!!:applause:

4. jnwta

jnwta Faded away.

ACHS mens hoops

I hope, that especially in the high school level that it's not all about wins and losses and that is what determines success. Knowing many of the athletes in several sports at AC, they are learning much about themselves and life while participating in the "games" that we see. Living in Alexander county for 20 years and NOT living in the city of T-ville, I have come to see first hand how "outsiders" are treated and looked upon, so it makes sense when a new coach comes in that is not a "winner" from day one (wins/losses) that they want to run them off. They did not give Roger Bumgarner a chance with the women’s BB program, with some of the more influential supporters calling for his head midway through the season and more concerned about their own kids playing time. It is frustrating. I have coached rec ball and it reminds me a lot like a rec program where if you take the parents out of the equation, the kids are much happier and they and the teams perform better. But we shall see how Coach Wills does and how the community handles it. First game against Wilkes was a win last night so that is a good thing!

5. rollin2inthemiddle4

rollin2inthemiddle4 Full Access Member

From the game last night against Wilkes Central, it looks as if Coach Wills has these guys playing with all of their heart. The hustle out there on the court was tremendous in the win. Yes it was by only one point but a win is a win either way you look at it and it is always good to get the season started off with a win, especially for a new coach. Good job guys. Keep working hard and things will start to change around there for the good. :xyzthumbs