1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Brutal weather for the 2nd week of practice...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by bigdan, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I'm all excited about football season getting started but I just hope these kids working out today just be smart and take it easy and let the coaches know if they begin to feel the symptoms, its brutally hot today even up here near the mountains. The temp here in Marion at 1:30 is 94 degrees (in the shade).

2. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

it hit 90 in boone this week, that proves its damn hot!!

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

we're supposed to be up at AC for a multi team scrimmage Thursday night.

ugh

4. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

State and County are mandating when teams can practice. There is some kind of heat index when the temperature and humidity reach a certain point. Ragsdale has 2-a-days this week and nothing can happen between Noon and 6 pm. Sat. there was cop at the school to make sure they stopped at Noon. Water breaks are mandatory every so often. They take breaks in groups so as not to stop practice every 20 minutes.

5. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

A cop to enforce practice times is too much and in my opinion absurd.

6. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

I don't disagree but he was the school SRO and sent there by the County. Showed up one day this week also.

7. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Crest is going early. They get started at 8:30 AM so they will miss the heat. The problem comes when teacher workdays start next week and they are not allowed to have practice during the school day. Crest has water stations around practice and they make sure the water bottles are full and close by. This is the kind of weather where you really are thankful for the work of the trainer and his crew.

On that note a shout to Crest trainer Drew Mason and his group of young people. Drew played LB'er so he knows the game and as a trainer he's top notch.

8. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Starting at 8:30 AM? Not bad....Why not go earlier when its dark! Good game-time conditions for later on in the year!

9. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Stopped by the McDowell practice the other day. I liked how they were doing things; they would take about 30 minutes or so of full blast, full pads contact stuff, then they would take a water break, strip off the shoulder pads and jersey, and do some position group stuff at a relaxed pace with frequent breaks for re-hydrating. The players seemed to appreciate it, and it didn't seem like any of them were struggling through it.

10. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Mooresville traveled up to AC this evening, it was 100 when i got out of the truck at 6:30 and 89 when i headed back home around 10. four teams scrimmaged, Mooresville, AC, Hibriten and Patton JV. as for the Mooresville Blue Devils, they looked a little shakey to start but got things going against AC in the final full field portion of this practice, scoring three times to AC's one. if they can shore up the pass defense they're gonna be pretty good. AC has a decent QB but doesnt appear to be as good as they have been recently. Hibriten had some skill position players but not much size. they are quite talented though. Patton JV's pretty much dominated everybody else, or at least the times i got to watch them. thanks to the AC staff for making sure we had plenty of water up in the press box.