1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

BURNS/MCDOWELL GAME

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by ilovefootball, Aug 21, 2003.

1. ilovefootball

ilovefootball Junior Member

WHO WILL WIN FRIDAY --BURNS OR MCDOWELL WHAT DO YOU THINK THE SCORE WILL BE AND WHO WILL SHINE FOR BURNS ???:::D

2. dawgpound02

dawgpound02 Full Access Member

Burns 31 McDowell 7

I think that Travis Withrow will make a good showing in his first offical start at QB, as will Brandon Jackson at RB.
    Josh Briscoe

3. Tigertown*Rick

Tigertown*Rick Junior Member

Burns 35 McDowell 14!

4. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Burns could run one play all night and win. Handoff up the middle will do it. McDowells front seven were, at best, terrible last week against Mitchell. I haven't heard much about practice this week, so hopefully the situation has improved. Burns will be too big and too fast for the Titans, unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing all of the Burns folks. Make sure to get a hot dog; you won't find one better anywhere else.

5. dawgpound02

billy i didnt realize how true your statement here was till tonight..does mcdowell have a DL? where they sitting the game out or something? man they werent there at all tonight!!

6. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

One thing that you will learn about me, dawgpound, is that I speak the truth. I don't think there is any reason to sugarcoat things. If my team sucks, I will say they suck. If they are good, I will say that too. Ya'll looked great last night. Congratulations on the win. Hope that you have a great year.

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Congrats to the Bulldogs on making the bus trip to Marion because that was all they needed to do to win the game last night, 42-6...OUCH!!!

I think Withrow looked okay last night, I assume he's an underclassmen? The backup, #8 looked better in limited action.

For McDowell, not much can be said. Funny thing that backup QB, Cameron Elliott drove the team down field for a touchdown and Johnson comes back the next possession for a 3 and out...:confused:

I feel the pain for guys like #25 Creon Logan who give 150% effort, but cannot get anything out of it because the O'Line can't block that well.

8. dawgpound02

actually #10 withrow is a senior...#8 Brandon Mauney is a Junior..and is also a transfer from crest!! about 3 weeks ago!