1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Butler v. ND Championship Game

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by eyesup, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

:agreed:

Its all good Guru

:trophy:

2. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Great Job

The players and coaches for Butler did a great job! As Ray said all associated with the team including subs etc. contributed to the second state title. I think Butler's record over the past five years is as good as anyone in the state. Heck, since the doors opened at Butler and Kelly was the pitcher, we have been competitive day in and day out. Let me go on record so that this travel team stuff can be over! We are proud of all the girls and as Ray points out there are several travel teams represented on the Butler team but when they are on the field in HS, they are Butler and they play for the coaching staff there and do as asked to do by that staff! The Blues, Rockers, Challengers, and others are summer teams that hopefully help the school team improve by playing top competition in the summer but we in no way want nor feel we should get credit for the HS acheivement. The Butler softball team is #1 and we are proud of each and everyone of them, they did it as the "Bulldogs". (I shared in their first title as a parent of one of the players. 2001) We applaud once again the success of the girls and their staff and hope they will be back in Raleigh next year to defend their title. Coach Lloyd, hats off, U and your staff did it!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

great accomplishment for team and the whole community! nothing compares to a HS State Championship.

great job ladies, staff and especially Ray....contiune the hard work there and congratulations!

sorry to have missed speaking with ya but you were busy all day longgggg...thanks for the memories though!! great games to witness and share in mind and heart with you my friend!!! Sue and i saluted Butler while with our oldest dd and fiance over dinner Saturday, along with KMHS if you know what i mean. :trophy:

4. sports buff

sports buff Full Access Member

Thanks for those great comments. It is about the kids and all coaches working together as one. Also so enjoying all championships together from all the seasons we all go through. Spoken with alot of CLASS and RESPECT for everyone involved with all programs.:agreed: :agreed: :trophy: