1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CALDWELL CO LEGION

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by MOOSE, May 25, 2008.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

looks like a great group of kids playing this year. thanks to all that want to play for the community. we are proud of your efforts and hard work. as a fan i can't wait to see you play and carry on the great legacy.

2. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

From what I've heard Caldwell will field as good of an defensive and offensive teams they have ever had but will be very weak on the pitching end. I understand why Messer isn't playing (now he sees what Bumgarner went through) but why would anyone else choose showcase ball, which no one attends over playing for Caldwell. As for getting seen by colleges as good a chance in legion as in showcase

3. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

what is penny doing there was no mention of him in the newstopic article. cant believe he was not mentioned one way or the other. if he is not playing seems like that would be news of interest.

4. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

also could we get a schedule havent seen one of those yet

5. Captain K

Captain K Junior Member

Penny, Ive heard, is playing on a showcase team from Rockingham or Rocky Mount (not exactly sure). Every player had to do what's best for himself 1st. IMO the Legion schedule does not leave alot of free time for the boys away from the ballfield for vacation or other teenage boy pursuits. I think Penny is still age eligible, if he wanted to play for the Spartan Jr Legion team.

6. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

thanks for the info on penny. i hope it works out great for him. i just read a story like was in the newstopic about caldwell playing the last day of the state tourney 6 out of the last 11 and it seems like every year you are one pitcher short and its the same story we were so close but no cigar. then you go to baseball war and you dont for one reason or another have your communities top rated talent. oh well like i said before thanks a bunch for the guys that want to represent their community. i will be there rooting for you. good luck.

7. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I will post a schedule for Caldwell Post 29 as soon as I can, but I can tell you that they play tonight at MS Deal vs Lake Norman and then they play Shelby at home Friday night also at home...

Sorry about that...

8. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

will any of the legion games be broadcast this year

9. JM15

JM15 Moderator

does caldwell have a junior team

10. anotherspartanfan

anotherspartanfan Full Access Member

I asked Rob Eastwood last night and he said "No, it was a struggle to get it on last year" Maybe if enough people in Caldwell county called the station to complain and request it back.....:rotflmao: (does this look like a temper tantrum to you?)
    I am usually at the games but my family enjoyed listening last year and my husband listened online when he was out of town. We will miss definately that this year!! I have plans on calling and voicing my disappointment.

Yes they do, they are coached by their respective high schools usually. I know South has one this year, not sure about Hibriten or West Caldwell.