1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CALDWELL CO LEGION

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by MOOSE, May 25, 2008.

1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

:bow:
    Bobby Dale don't want no part of the Carolina Man...LOL...Carolina Man is alive and well in Kansas...been out here about 8 months...had to leave Caldwell County... broke my heart... but I'm in the furniture business and we all know what happen to furniture in Caldwell County and all over North Carolina. American Legion Baseball is the greatest...GO 9ers

Carolina Man :sifone:

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Good to hear from ya Carolina Man,,, listn even tho you in Kansas, stick around on TBR. You liven up the joint. :biggthumpup: Take care.

3. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

I still live in the land of milk and honey down toward vale N.C that is...Kansas! Kansas! well I reckon you could not take another year with out a Post 29 state title....LMAO... did you loose a bet and have to move? The first game got cancelled due to state playoffs but they will hook up twice this year at least. How bout trying to keep up with some of the legion so that this board will stay interesting..... And dont let this fool ya I still think :cussing: and that is all I have to say about that......

Yours Truly:189:

The defending state Champion

4. Carolina Man

:clapclap:
    I heard about the Caldwell/ Cherryville game being cancelled. That was a class move by Gary Hamby to agree with the postponement until Booby Dale can get his complete team on the field. We certainly don't want to hear any excuses now do we. How did East Rutherford and Cherryville High Schools come out this year in the state tournament? The last I heard they were going deep. Good to hear from you sumo...you bushwhacker

Carolina man :clapclap:

5. Carolina Man

thanks tj, you may change your mind about that before the year is over

on the serious side...one of the 29ers asst coaches had to be taken to the hospital last night to have a stint put in a closed valve to his heart. The word I got this morning is he had a mild heart attack. I won't say his name due to family privacy, he has been a dear friend of mine for 40+ years. Please keep the 29er family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Carolina Man

6. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

East Rutherford was defeated in two games by the team from Orange High... They were just better than them. Cherryville won the series in a two game sweep... Cherryville was alot better than the other team.

7. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Cause lord knows we heard enough excuses last year when Caldwell County lost those first 4 or 5 in a row.

Good to see you back Carolina Man

8. Carolina Man

Thanks Luigiboy

I didnt hear anybody making excuses...everybody knew what was going on, didn't need to be said. But I do know that Post 29 played cherryville with what they had at the time and didnt ask for a reprieve because they didnt have all their players. Hamby didnt have to agree to the postponement, but he did because he felt it was the right thing to do...I'm guessing. Its a good possibility that it will come down to Caldwell and Cherryville for the one spot that is open from Area IV. Gastonia is already in because they are state tournament host. Caldwell missed a good opportunity to go 1 up on Cherryville. But it still was the right thing to do...I QUESS

Carolina Man

9. Carolina Man

Caldwell County Post 29

:astrosmiley2:Update on the 29ers

Caldwell County Post 29...8
    Lake Norman...0

Caldwell County 6-1 Area & 11-4 Overall

WP...Shane Clawson
    SO...6
    Walk...1

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  10. Carolina Man

Caldwell County Post 29

Emotional win for the 29ers

A call from the hospital bed following a heart attack by coach Myron Day lifts Caldwell County Post 29

First Game of Double Header

Caldwell County...25
    Asheville...10

Caldwell County...16 hits

Brad Craig ...5 hits, 5 RBI's, 5 Runs scored
    Zach Merriken...4 hits

Second game of Double Header

Caldwell County...7
    Asheville...3

WP...Josh Severt...11 strike outs while giving up 4 hits

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008