1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CALDWELL CO LEGION

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by MOOSE, May 25, 2008.

1. huntersville321

huntersville321 Junior Member

What the ?

Just got back in town from vacation to find Huntersville up 2-0. I wanted to know why the game from Thursday was canceled. I talked to several people who went to Granite Falls Thursday afternoon to find a dry field. Is Caldwell waiting for some pitching to show up or what? This is unchartered teritory for Huntersville but I believe they could have been railroaded. I guess we'll see what happens tonight.

2. honest-bulldog

honest-bulldog Junior Member

Well unchartered ain't gonna work !!!!.....Up 2-0 on Caldwell probably ain't no fluke... I didn't think anyone was counting on you guys to go up 2-0. But hey its Legion Playoffs and you see some strange things.

Its been the talk of almost every baseball conversation I've been in this week, GOOD LUCK tonight..... But Caldwell probably wasn'twaiting on any pitching, I think they got 3 or 4 who throw pretty good.....

3. huntersville321

You're right. You can never tell come playoff time. 321 has been underachieving all year. We've lost a lot of close games. Just couldn't get the right hit or call all year. The kids in Huntersville treat legion ball as just another extracurricular activity. The problem is it doesn't rank real high on the list with some of them. We're hoping that will change one day. Maybe a run in the playoffs would excite them. We'll see. With our luck the Messer kid will show up to pitch tonight!

4. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

cherryville has one up on caldwell

dont know about your source on the rain. i live a few miles from the field and we got two inches in about 30 min.

lot of back and forth with cherryville but i will have to give cherryville one huge plus over caldwell. when the cherryville area has a huge talent he plays for the legion team sadly you cant say that anymore about caldwell. ive been a fan for a good 20+ years and i think it sucks when you have high school talent like south caldwell had and they just choose to play for some other team. if it is excuse making so be it. just my opinion. i put alot of this years troubles on their shoulders. kind of hard to compete when you trot out pitchers that never pitched in high school everyother nite

JUST SEEN THE NEWS OF HUNTERSVILLE SWEEP CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK IN THE TOURNY

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  5. huntersville321

It is a shame that Caldwell was missing so many players. Our Huntersville team is used to that. We haven't had the type of pitching talent that S. Caldwell has over the past several years but we have had 2 of the better 4A high schools in the area. Most years, this one included, we are lucky to have 1/2 of the starting players from our feeder high schools. Available pitching is even worse. So we definitely feel for your team. I suppose Cherryville is the only team around that has been able to dodge the travel ball curse. I don't expect this problem to get any better.
    I don't know about the rain on Thursday night. I wasn't there but one of Huntersville's coaches was there and took pictures of a playable field. He said Caldwell's players showed up and didn't understand why they weren't playing. But I know how some of these showers have been lately.

6. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Caldwell County Post 29

CONGRADULATIONS TO HUNTERSVILLE

GOOD LUCK ALONG THE WAY

CAROLINA MAN

7. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

6 in a row!! Pitiful. Less than mediocre ending for a highly overrated team.

8. steelballs

steelballs Full Access Member

Just not meant to be.

Sometimes it just isn't meant to be. Not overrated. Best team doesn't always win!

9. DancingInTheStands

DancingInTheStands Full Access Member

But the team that plays the best game wins.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  10. steelballs

steelballs Full Access Member

Never took anything away from Huntersville..........Dancing in the Stands